Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just got a 6 last year and when we go out in her car I cant stand the anemic inline 4. I'm use to driving an SVT Lightning so power is something i'm use to just having there at all times. Are there any basic mods that I can to to this 6's 4 banger to give it some more pep? Without breaking the bank? I'm open to intakes, PCM chips or flashes, or anything that is pretty much bolt on. I currently know nothing about this motor.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Injen CAI about 200 bucks.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Actually for i4 it's CPE, AEM, Injen, K&N (highest to lowest hp gain). The price difference between CPE and AEM is substantial so some people think that it's not worth it and they settle with AEM.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
exhaust and intake

other than intake and exhaust, there's not many options to bolt-ons...especially for performance gains. unless you throw on a turbo, you're not going to get much HP. look in the dyno section for numbers. IIRC, n1ghtmare has header, exhaust and intake and is pushing less than 150HP to the wheels.

if you want to notice the best gains, upgrade suspension. better bang for your buck there.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
200 shipped for the injen which is better then the AEM. Get it at pracing.com best price you will find. Shot me a pm if you cant find em I can hook you up.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
...just stick with an intake (whichever you want, they all work) right now, just understand that your wife might get a CEL that might worry her, if you get anything other than the CP-E.

from there just hold out on headers/midpipe until there are more available to see which ones are worth it. unless you want to change the look or sound of the exhaust, don't worry about it...not really worth it.

that's all you have as far as basics right now, you can always ground some stuff if you'd like...it's worth the $5 it costs i'd guess. the variances in intakes is rearlly not too noticable, so don't worry about AEM vs. Injen...just think about the CEL.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
anything's possible with cash. what are you looking for? hard thing with the Mazda's is the damn ecu. so you have to watch what you change as it migh have a sh*t fit about it. we'll see if it notices a block change from a focus pretty soon i'd guess. but that isn't as extreme as people usually look for though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
11 Participants
MrTea
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing