Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Certainly would be alot of work, but Turbo LSx modded 1st gen would be one of my ultimate cars, lol.

·
Registered
732 Posts
(Detail from a engine swap site back in March)There the company replaced the powertrain with a 4.3 L 3UZ V8 and automatic transmission from a Lexus LS430. As one might expect, the car needed a lot of work to fit the larger engine, transmission, and RWD drivetrain. The firewall and transmission tunnel needed to be cut and the rear end and subframe was sourced from a 2008 Toyota Crown. The car also required a new cooling system, exhaust, and fuel tank. The project took five months to complete at a cost of 100,000+ CNY or about $14,898 USD.

All that for 14k, Good Ol' China man, lol.

·
Registered
328 Posts
(Detail from a engine swap site back in March)There the company replaced the powertrain with a 4.3 L 3UZ V8 and automatic transmission from a Lexus LS430. As one might expect, the car needed a lot of work to fit the larger engine, transmission, and RWD drivetrain. The firewall and transmission tunnel needed to be cut and the rear end and subframe was sourced from a 2008 Toyota Crown. The car also required a new cooling system, exhaust, and fuel tank. The project took five months to complete at a cost of 100,000+ CNY or about $14,898 USD.

All that for 14k, Good Ol' China man, lol.
The cost I paid for my used 2015 Mazda 6 lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Mad Myche
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing