Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Everything went well. The dome lights I ordered for the front map lights were a little too long, but I bent the connectors out a cm and fit them in.

The center map light fit perfect. You can see the the individual leds in formation in the center of the dome, but it looks good.

I installed the door leds and glove leds, and they also look great. The glove box is a definite improvement over stock and is a must do. The door leds are very bright and are at least as bright as the stock bulbs or brighter. The light output is surprisingly even with the glove box and door leds.

Finally I installed the row of 96 leds using my own 3M double sided tape. The 96 led strip was the perfect length and I went across horizontally without any cutting. The underside of the trunk ceiling is contoured. I wanted it to look neat, so I followed the dark circular marks. 3 of the leds have a loose connection (ebay, lol). The difference is amazing. It's almost like someone put in a 4 foot long florescent tube in the trunk.

The pictures are below.

Attachments

·
Registered
924 Posts
Finally I installed the row of 96 leds using my own 3M double sided tape. The 96 led strip was the perfect length and I went across horizontally without any cutting. The underside of the trunk ceiling is contoured. I wanted it to look neat, so I followed the dark circular marks. 3 of the leds have a loose connection (ebay, lol). The difference is amazing. It's almost like someone put in a 4 foot long florescent tube in the trunk.
I first tried to use the 3M backing already on the LED strip and it fell off. I ended up using a hot glue gun and it worked perfectly. The hot glue held up through cold winter and some nearly 80 degree weather we had in March (yes it was unusual in Chicago this year).

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hey guys, any idea what the part number is for the sun visor light is...?

Thank's in advance guys;)
Here is the red version of the bulb I purchased. It looks like they are out of stock on the white version.

RED 3 LED VANITY SUN VISOR LIGHT BULB

If you search for Vanity LED it should get you to the correct bulb. But, see the link above for the size.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I installed most of the interior LEDs except the glovebox. Boy, is that a different look and feel. I also put the 9 LED bulb in the backup lights but I am not convinced that is enough. From the outside they look bright, but from the inside-out through the tint, I can hardly notice them. Anyone put a brighter one in?
I also installed the rear mud flaps before it got too dark. Not bad. I'll have to see what they look like when both seets are on.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I installed most of the interior LEDs except the glovebox. Boy, is that a different look and feel. I also put the 9 LED bulb in the backup lights but I am not convinced that is enough. From the outside they look bright, but from the inside-out through the tint, I can hardly notice them. Anyone put a brighter one in?
I also installed the rear mud flaps before it got too dark. Not bad. I'll have to see what they look like when both seets are on.
These are the ones I purchased. They are Bright!
http://www.v-leds.com/6K-WHITE-19-LED-8W-HIGH-p7526829.html

Here's a comparison to the stock bulbs. The camera is adjusted down to try and show the difference between the bulbs. Understand this was taken in the daytime.

·
Super Moderator
17,231 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I first tried to use the 3M backing already on the LED strip and it fell off. I ended up using a hot glue gun and it worked perfectly. The hot glue held up through cold winter and some nearly 80 degree weather we had in March (yes it was unusual in Chicago this year).
I'm glad the glue gun worked for ya!

Nice reverse lights! I will get some eventually.... lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trunk light adapter renamed?

I'm undergoing some LED ordering but have yet to find the 74v socket adapter on vleds.com or on ebay. Do any of you know if it's been replaced with a different named item or is it no longer available period?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I'm undergoing some LED ordering but have yet to find the 74v socket adapter on vleds.com or on ebay. Do any of you know if it's been replaced with a different named item or is it no longer available period?

Thanks in advance!
I did a search on Google but didn't see anything unfortunately. Keep an eye out I guess and hopefully you'll fine one.

·
Registered
606 Posts
DIY-2 LED BASE ADAPTER 74

Heres the 74v adapter. I ordered it yesterday. VLED redid their site and a lot of things got moved around and links to certain items are invalid. So I thought this might help some people. Later reply and thread revival. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need HELP!!!

Hey, how do I replace the bulb so I can place a xenon white LED bulb in the compartment. I don't want to break anything.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts