Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I was wondering what can be done cosmetically to the mk1 to make it a bit nicer?

I already know I want to get it tinted, and lowered. Anyone lowered their mk1 and have a recommended height?

Id like to change out the rear bumper but I'm assuming there's nowhere that does aftermarket rear bumpers accessible for the uk if at all?

Any spoilers that anyone is aware of that look nice and work well?

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
Lots of stuff can be done to the 1st gen depending on your budget and tastes. Take a look at people's build threads (usually linked in their sigs) or in some of the audio/visual sub-forums.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
This isnt a Golf forum, its a 1st Gen. I never felt the need to add anything to the 1st Gens in the looks dept, get H&R springs and eithe Koni Yellows or Bilstein B6's. Or Godspeed coil overs.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Given the front overhang on the Mk1 lowering must be done judiciously. I feel that 1.5 or 2 inches is too low for this car. I went with -20mm and have been able to make it up most curb cuts and speed bumps fine.
Cosmetics are purely a matter of taste so without knowing what you like.....
View attachment 246163 View attachment 246164 View attachment 246165
Nice stance! My friend recently acquired this 2007 Mazda 6 and it's going to be a weekend toy. The new tires from 4Wheelonline will arrive soon and the mods will begin. He may like that wing.

·
Registered
2008 Mazda 6 2.3i Coilovers/Camber Arms/Custom Touches
19 Posts
Hey all,

I was wondering what can be done cosmetically to the mk1 to make it a bit nicer?

I already know I want to get it tinted, and lowered. Anyone lowered their mk1 and have a recommended height?

Id like to change out the rear bumper but I'm assuming there's nowhere that does aftermarket rear bumpers accessible for the uk if at all?

Any spoilers that anyone is aware of that look nice and work well?
Spoilerking.com makes a rear window spoiler that’s pretty cool.
Aeroflowdynamics has universal side skirt extensions
I made my own rear side skirt extensions and working on my own front lip.
Window visors look good also
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2008 Mazda 6 2.3i Coilovers/Camber Arms/Custom Touches
19 Posts
@gtdryer how many miles do you get out of a set of tires? I can't seem to go more than 20,000 and the rears are set @ 0.0. I had them set to factory spec (nowhere near what your are) and it opened a solid band of wire around the extreme inside that separated. That is why I am now at 0 degrees.
I wish I had a better answer for you but I haven’t touched the rear after i lowered it. That’s where the camber fell naturally. Although if I remember right this things ran through rear tires at factory height so something may have been off and corrected itself by being smashed into the wheel well lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts