Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, can I use Carbotech rotors with Hawk HPS pads ?? or are the rotors made specifically for Carbotech pads ....

Also do i HAVE to change front and rear at the same time, or can I just change the fronts ??

·
Registered
128 Posts
You should be able to mix and match any rotor and any pad. Just make sure you bed the brakes in properly and everything will be fine.

You can change just the front rotors, people just do it all at the same time to save time or just to have a whole new brake set.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
My preference is not to mix pads.....but thats not saying you can't. Rotors replace both if you are going to change one on an axel. Again my preference....not necessarily needed. i change both because it maintains the balance of your braking system.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Hey guys, can I use Carbotech rotors with Hawk HPS pads ?? or are the rotors made specifically for Carbotech pads ....

Also do i HAVE to change front and rear at the same time, or can I just change the fronts ??
[/b]
As long as they are quality rotors, rotors are pretty much fungible, and any brand will pretty much match any brake pads.

One exception to the above rule: Mommy, I want a set of these.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts

fungible

[/b]
you're gonna loose the whole audience with words like that..!! :p

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha ... sweeet ... I think my front rotors + pads are done ... rears "look" fine to me, lets see what the dealer says and hopefully I just need new fronts ...

P.S. dealer OEM stuff is sooo expensive !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts