Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear there is going to be some good drags!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
After the "spirited" drive up cypress .. it made me more interested in going up to Mission to autocross or something (even tho my car isn't that fast :p). Not too sure what's involved but it could be fun. Anyone done that before? Maybe do a "meet" out of it?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I'm sooooooooo in.

I'll bring my fast car too :)

But... a potential problem may be that I can't do anything till the end of Oct. :(

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Just remember not to let any dealers know cause if they find out you take your car out to the track, they will void your warranty...yeah so Art...shhhhhhh....don't say anything...hahaha

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would be into that. Make a spring meet out of it, if we can get 15 cars together it may bring costs down pretty good.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Just remember not to let any dealers know cause if they find out you take your car out to the track, they will void your warranty...yeah so Art...shhhhhhh....don't say anything...hahaha [/b]
Don't worry, I won't tell him :zzz:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Spring? Spring? We're gonna wait til SPRING to have another meet??? NoooOOOooOOoooOOoooOoooo o oo o.. damn. I hope not. :huh:

I just wanna go for a drive, like real soon, not wait til it's officially 'spring' again :(

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spring? Spring? We're gonna wait til SPRING to have another meet??? NoooOOOooOOoooOOoooOoooo o oo o.. damn. I hope not. :huh:

I just wanna go for a drive, like real soon, not wait til it's officially 'spring' again :(
[/b]
I was reffering to getting on the track Unless everyone wants to got "drift" in the rain..... Mine is Fwd.... don't know about yours

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ohhh ok I see now what you mean, talking about a Mission Raceway meet next spring, ok gotcha. So when's our cruise? Wanna organise it? hehehe :lol:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yeah, my friends are at mission today....I have some prior engagements so I cant make it but I'll probly head down next friday! :)
Yeah I think Haroon said he was going to organize A cruise for the end of october!

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
i wouldn't mind getting into learning how to auto-x or do some 0-60 drags at mission. complete newb in a heavy car so i'd probably embarass myself, but gotta start somewhere.

so anyone interested in going as a group of newbs?

i hear ubc sport car club or something like that has lessons now and again out at boundary bay.

·
Registered
542 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I was a member in UBCSCC a few years ago. I only went to one autocross though. To be honest I don't really like autocross, it's too tight to really take proper lines, and you don't really get to shift higher than 2nd. I'd much rather go to the road course Mission raceway, I've never been there though.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Yeah I think Haroon said he was going to organize A cruise for the end of october!
[/b]
I did? Guess I did... end of October sounds good. I'll start a thread.

i wouldn't mind getting into learning how to auto-x or do some 0-60 drags at mission. complete newb in a heavy car so i'd probably embarass myself, but gotta start somewhere.

so anyone interested in going as a group of newbs?
[/b]
Am I ever! I've been AutoXing a few times in Toronto. Its a ton of fun... don't even worry about staying on course the first time... and if there are any WRXs on the track, then they're pretty much guaranteed first place, so no point in trying to keep up with those guys.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Last time I went autoxing in my old Accord I think the chassis actually warped slightly, the gaps on the trunk lid were no longer uniform, but I'm not sure if it was like that before I went autoxing or after.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Last time I went autoxing in my old Accord I think the chassis actually warped slightly, the gaps on the trunk lid were no longer uniform, but I'm not sure if it was like that before I went autoxing or after.
[/b]
So there's no point racing a stock car.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I did? Guess I did... end of October sounds good. I'll start a thread.
[/b]
Remeber you typed this out!! lol

Sorry we missed you hansolocujo. I think it was assumed that once we got up to Cypress there'd be enough to do, see, and talk about to keep us up there for a few hours at least. Instead, we took some pics and found ourselves getting quite hungry not too soon afterwards. Some of us also had to leave to get to previous engagements (myself included) so the meet was relatively short and we found ourselves descending the mountain before 6pm.

No worries... lots of people couldn't make it out this time, so although it was a good "mini-meet", we'll try to get a proper meet going for sometime soon. Most probably for the end of October.

Once again, my apologies to everyone who we missed.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Derek, as usual you have no idea what you're talking about.

Plenty of people AutoX in stock cars.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts