Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
no respect for ghey sellouts...Metallica should be stripped of thier name, they don't deserve the *metal*.
fuck em all[/b]
Yeah Metallica sold out...everyone says this, your know what they also did? They brought metal to the mainstream, there was no metal on the radio before the Black album, (no hair metal doesn't count) in fact I'm guessing most people that are saying "fuck metallica, only the first 4 albums were good" would never have heard of them or their first 4 albums if it wasn't for the Black album. If it wasnt for Metallica "selling out" metal would be an underground music scene and be barely keeping itself alive (see Hardcore's rise and fall) There would be no Pantera, Disturbed, Slipknot, Bullet for my Valentine, Mudvane, etc, etc, on the radio.

Although I do agree 100% on all the Lars statements in this topic, he really does keep the band "slow" and has lost his touch his has been the worst performances on the albums...still he manages to kick ass live .

·
Registered
213 Posts
all the metal i listen to is still not on the radio :(

death to emos

·
Registered
57 Posts
Here a nice replacement for a weak drummer, Dave Lombardo from Slayer :nana: and the good the four horsemen. With him in the dummer they can triple the speed of the guitars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QLZSDTOtyc...feature=related[/b]

My suggestions:

Flo Mounier from Cryptopsy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGLVjp65v_E

John Longstreth from Origin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5upEzNaJs4

John Merryman from Cephalic Carnage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCUp8DH_pVg

or they could just replace him with a drum machine like Agoraphobic Nosebleed then they can have songs with 1000+ BPM like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxtOSlmen0g

but really any drummer would be better than Lars :dmetal:

There would be no Pantera, Disturbed, Slipknot, Bullet for my Valentine, Mudvane, etc, etc, on the radio.[/b]
All of those bands are not metal except for Pantera

·
Registered
213 Posts
i wont let thris thread die its about metal and i know more about metal than my 6 lol

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yeah Metallica sold out...everyone says this, your know what they also did? They brought metal to the mainstream, there was no metal on the radio before the Black album, (no hair metal doesn't count) in fact I'm guessing most people that are saying "fuck metallica, only the first 4 albums were good" would never have heard of them or their first 4 albums if it wasn't for the Black album. If it wasnt for Metallica "selling out" metal would be an underground music scene and be barely keeping itself alive (see Hardcore's rise and fall) There would be no Pantera, Disturbed, Slipknot, Bullet for my Valentine, Mudvane, etc, etc, on the radio.
Although I do agree 100% on all the Lars statements in this topic, he really does keep the band "slow" and has lost his touch his has been the worst performances on the albums...still he manages to kick ass live .[/b]

Dude, that is exactly what i'd expect a *radio metal* fan to say. You're not ready for real metal.

and WTF are you talking about...the ppl who say the first 4 albums are good, ARE THE ONES WHO WERE LISTENING TO THEM...DUH! These are the same fans that gave up on them when the black album came out.

Metal has NEVER needed the radio and it NEVER will. It's always been underground n00B. True metal will never be mainstream.

Metal has been around since the late 60's/early 70's, it does not need some idiot radio programmer that has no fucking clue anyway.

So once again, fuck metallica! (except for Cliff)
and fuck the radio.

·
Registered
213 Posts
+1 to fuck the radio

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Dude, that is exactly what i'd expect a *radio metal* fan to say. You're not ready for real metal.

and WTF are you talking about...the ppl who say the first 4 albums are good, ARE THE ONES WHO WERE LISTENING TO THEM...DUH! These are the same fans that gave up on them when the black album came out.

Metal has NEVER needed the radio and it NEVER will. It's always been underground n00B. True metal will never be mainstream.

Metal has been around since the late 60's/early 70's, it does not need some idiot radio programmer that has no fucking clue anyway.

So once again, fuck metallica! (except for Cliff)
and fuck the radio.[/b]
Hey assbite you are not ready for real metal, yeah I like metal on the radio, I like classic rock, thrash metal, power metal, hardcore, punk, "nu-metal", new thrash, death metal, black metal, industrial metal, and good old fashioned rock and roll. I'm a metal-head but i don't restrict myself to it. I've been listening to metallica since my brother brought home Kill em all when i was in 3rd grade and I still listen to it today.

Don't give me your shit about "true metal" not ever being mainstream, just because some band isn't popular doesn't mean they are good. I assume you are one of the cock tasters that says "insert band here" used to be good till they became popular. If you like the music then listen to it if you don't then you can help yourself to a nice heaping bowl of shut the fuck up.

If "knowing true metal" means being a pretentious asshole that tells others they listen to the wrong music, and not having an open mind to listen to music from as many bands as possible (even popular ones) then you can count me out.

I'll listen to my metal with an open mind, popular and unpopular.

·
Registered
265 Posts
i personally still love metallica for the fact that because of them, old school thrash metal is considered what it is (at least to me): speedy riffs, wicked solos, and great vocals/lyrics along with steady drumming. sure Lars isnt the greatest and whoever mentioned it here brings up a good point that he possibly wouldnt be in the band if he werent a founding member (imagine if james met dave lombardo instead of lars :drool: ), but the thing is that all of them get along really well (and screw the POS documentary they came out with :slap: ).

even though lars can be a bitch :yesnod: , please dont trash him about the whole napster thing. put yourself in the musicians shoes. back in the day when you had to get cassette tapes, artists made a living off of thier record sales and shows were spare cash. prices for tapes, then cds were cheap and so were the shows. now with all the downloading, anyone can get a copy of limewire or watever the hot thing is these days and rip off the artist. that is why cds cost so much and barely sell (compared how much they would if no downloading or burning was available), making the artist resort to touring their asses off and raising ticket prices to make any money. if you prefer to steal, yes steal, a band's or artist's music that you like so that you can put it on your ipod, that is no better than if someone came and destroyed something that you worked your own ass off to complete. this is simply the case that a few bad apples ruin it for the rest of us.

they ruled for nearly a decade (although ..and justice lacked a bit of intrigue, i still really enjoy it) not everyone stays perfect. they started out with perfection in kill em all, RtheL and master but it gets pretty hard to top yourself. i love bands like maiden, but after a few of maiden's cds (i am considering the fact that there were a hell of a lot of line up changes) it gets to be the same repetitive riffs and licks that dont really stick out from each either unless its number of the beast, aces high, etc. i really liked maidens new cd matter of life and death that had a lot of the good members back, but although it was awesome, it didnt stick out. same old, same old of maiden. im not asking for something new, but i dont think maiden, of all bands, puts enough time into their recording sessions to give themselves enough time for an awesome riff or lick to come along out of nowhere.

im not saying that metallica changed on purpose but it seems that life took it course. when they started up with load, they had families and had slimmed down their metal edge a bit and went a kinda "hard rock" feel (bob rock didnt really help either). this isnt considered as selling out, which is not doing what you, the artist, want to do. not until they did st. anger did they sell out. although i would have loved to have the fight fire with fire metallica continue, im not complaining. IMO they have fulfilled their quota of being infamous and can experiment if they want to since they have been out for over 25years and are still a band with the original 2 founders. they also allow me to listen to my favorite band depending on my mood: ready to tear shit up=kill em all thru and justice, sit back and groove/relax with a beer=black thru reload, garage days=a little of both, S&M=being that im a cellist and bassist in orchestras and love classical music, this was a nice treat for the metal/classical mind, and st.anger=suicidal thoughts :laugh:

i personally cant wait for the new album. i wont judge it till i have it in my cd player.

i didnt mean this post to be so long and in no way did i mean it to be a rant. i was just supporting a band that made a lot of us fall in love with metal. i always do wonder though what metallica would have been today if Cliff was still fingering away.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I saw them back in 1988 or 1989 on the and justice for all tour and they kicked ass. Saw them again in like 2001 or 2002 (somewhere around then) and even though I am not too fond of their new stuff, they still played alot of their old shit and kicked ass. so, i have no problem with them.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
All depend of our generation. I love and think the 80s rock musis is the best, still sound in radio. Is very nce when you drive your 6 and in the radio put some old of the best 80s.

Maybe you can ask a young boy about Ratt, Dokken, Twisted Sister, Bon Jovi, Motley Crüe, Stryper, Skid Row, Poison, Scorpions, Ozzy, Accept, WASP and why not Blink 182 :laugh: or something more heavy like Antrax, Slayer, Exodus, Overkill, etc, and maybe never hear about them. Actually new generations hear bands like Sliknopt, Pantera....

I never be in a Metallica in Live concert, only by DVD but is nice when I hear sound like: Kill em all, Whiplash, The Four Horsemen, Seek and Destroy, Battery, Master of Puppet, Damage Inc.,One; and other softer but classic like For Whom the Bell Tools, Fade to Black, Until it Sleep, Nothing else Matters.

But I hear all kind of music.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Mayabe you can ask a young boy about Ratt, Dokken, Twisted Sister, Bon Jovi, Stryper, Skid Row, Poison, Scorpions, Ozzy, Accept, WASP and why not Blink 182 :laugh: or something more heavy like Antrax, Slayer, Exodus, Overkill, etc, and maybe never hear about them.[/b]
you just mentioned about 80% of what i listen with the exception of blink. :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
:laugh: Ummmmm I forgot Rammstein? :nana:

21 - 33 of 33 Posts