Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just purchased an HKS SSQV By-Pass Valve off my friend with a Speed3. The only things it seems to be missing is the Rubber Cap and the Air Filter. Could anyone tell me where I could buy these???

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Try ebay. I just bought two rubber rings and the metal clip thing for my HKS for $4 total, shipped.

EDIT: You may want to contact HKS to confirm exactly what you need (i.e. part #). That may make it easier to track down, and make sure you're getting the right parts. GL

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the Rubber Cap may be the only piece i need. My friend said he didnt even have the Air Filter on when he had it...

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
rubber cap?

what rubber car are you talking about?

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
rubber cap?

what rubber car are you talking about?
OP, are you confusing the HKS with some of the dual port BPV/BOV that come with a rubber cap to block of the VTA port, so you can run it recirc (as you should)?

The only two options for the opening on the HKS is to either:

1) Leave it open if you want to run it VTA. This is what it looks like:

2) If you are to run the HKS to recirc, you take of the front cover (where the hole is), and swap out the 3-prong fitting at the opening with the recric fitting, and a run a tube from there to your TIP. That's how you set it up to recirc. There is no rubber cap for the HKS as Road Rage said. I hope this clears thing up. Here's a pick with the recirc fitting attached:

Here's a pic of my HKS set up to recirc. I have the fitting on in the above pic, and you can see the black tube that comes off it, which attaches to my TIP so it runs recirc, and not VTA.

·
Registered
806 Posts
The airfilter is an inline paper filter that goes inline with your vacuum/boost source. It's purpose is to absorb any moisture that may be in the boost line. Mine could probably stand being replaced by now so if anyone knows where to find those I'd appreciate the info as well.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
The airfilter is an inline paper filter that goes inline with your vacuum/boost source. It's purpose is to absorb any moisture that may be in the boost line. Mine could probably stand being replaced by now so if anyone knows where to find those I'd appreciate the info as well.
Wait, are you talking about outside of the BOV? Like where the recric fitting attaches? If so, I don't have a filter either. I hope you're talking about inside the HKS, but it doesn't sound like it. Got a pic of this? Is it bad to run it without this filter? Damn, I hope this is an internal peice, but all I saw when I opened it to change the fitting was the diaphram thing, but that looks like it's made of rubber or something.

·
Registered
806 Posts
It's circled in red below. Goes outside the BOV and in the boost/vacuum source line you connect to the BOV.

Reactions: dougefresh_

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
It's circled in red below. Goes outside the BOV and in the boost/vacuum source line you connect to the BOV.

Ohhh that thing. Yeah, I got that thing hooked up to my vac line. I bought the kit used, and wasn't sure what that thing was all about. I didn't realize there was a little filter inside there though. Thanks for the heads up on that! Where do you get your filters from?

EDIT: NM, just saw your looking for them too, lol. I'm wonder if it could be MyGuyver'd out of a similar material...

·
Registered
806 Posts
That's the problem, I don't know where to buy them from. I've tried googling and can't find how to buy just that filter. I suppose I could try emailing HKS..

·
Registered
806 Posts
Damn. I just took my own advice and went to HKS USA. Found it quickly

HKS USA SSQV Vacuum Filter

Google the part number and you can find a bunch of people selling it.

Reactions: dougefresh_

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
That's the problem, I don't know where to buy them from. I've tried googling and can't find how to buy just that filter. I suppose I could try emailing HKS..
If the HKS is so air tight as they say, I don't understand where any water is supposed to be coming from. Unless perhaps some slight condensation from the IC?? I dunno. Can you PM me or post in here if you get through to HKS, and get an answer? I'll poke around online elsewhere to see if I can find them somewhere.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Josh had told me it was for water, but yeah, oil vapor would make more sense especially after looking at the current state of mine.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Cool, thanks for the info on the filter guys. I bought my set up used, and I had no clue about the filter... I just hooked it up. My filter is probably 3 years old and dirty as hell too, lol.

EDIT: OP Here's the entire plastic piece you need for $11:

http://www.tokensolutions.net/products/HKS-BOV-Vacuum-line-filter.html

Maybe cheaper elsewhere, but there's a start.

Reactions: jvoss65

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, thanks a lot for all the help but the Rubber Cap Peice is the Small Rubber Cylender thing to the right of the Air Filter in that Picture where it is circled.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And one more Question...
Whats involved in setting up my HKS to Recir? Ive been seeing everyone post that recirc is so much better and all but do i need to buy a tube that leads to by TIP? Is there already one there that simply needs to be connected?

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
the rubber cap is just so you can run vent to air, which on this car isn't the best option. i say forget about the rubber cap and run it in recirc.

edit: just saw your last post, why don't you just use the stock recirc hose? you'll have to put the piece in the valve to enable it to be recirculated but this is all in the instructions.

·
Registered
238 Posts
the rubber cap is just so you can run vent to air, which on this car isn't the best option. i say forget about the rubber cap and run it in recirc.

edit: just saw your last post, why don't you just use the stock recirc hose? you'll have to put the piece in the valve to enable it to be recirculated but this is all in the instructions.

Cory, he bought it used... i am guessing no instructions...

OP .... i would take a look in dougs post on page 1 ... if yours has the nipple on it like in dougs pic...then hook it up to your stock recirc hose... done..

if not you will need the recirc fitting...then hook to your stock recirc hose... done

If you bought it from your friend that had it on his speed3... my guess is you need option 1... you could also just call the guy you bought it from and say "what the fahell.... wheres the instructions dude ???"

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
^This. Not sure what your other mods are, but if you picked up an fmic kit, the stock recirc hose will most likely not reach the bov. I got the CPE fmic kit used, and it came with a hose. It's all crappy though, and ordered a new one. It's about 1 foot long from the HKS bov to the TIP with the CPE fmic. If you have the stock tmic, and just the adapter flange to mount it there, you should be fine. Just watch the hood clearance, I think I read it's real tight with the HKS, unless I'm thinking of something else.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts