Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...it's been a year since I laid off the speed6 and so I wanted to drop by and say hello. It makes me quite happy to see the community still going strong! I wish I could have somehow kept an eye on my old speed6 since it was a bit of a factory freak and I am sure it is making someone happy!

I finally got my new car to the track last week and it was almost boring to hammer on a small block with auto and rwd: traction control on, first gear in auto and hit it firmly on the third banana. It was kind of nice to not leave pieces of my diff boot on the track for once, but 2.0 is about as good a 60' as I'll see. No more 1.7's on 215 tires anymore! :(

I tied my best stock time in the speed6 with my g8 gt stock, 13.6, (paper filter and all) but the trap was 105 with a 2000 DA so I'm fully hooked on the mix of small block hp with OHV torque for the time being.

Happy driving and racing to all my kindred speed6'ers!

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
This is insanely ironic, and I'm sure quite flattering, but I thought about you this morning.
Glad you stopped by. Hope you're enjoying the new ride.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Whats up andy!!!! you need to check out my speed now!!!! I am hoping that 1.7's will be a thing of the past once i get it to the track next time!!!!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I think I saw your car in my rear view mirror the other day... :)

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I saw your car in my rear view mirror the other day... :)
Haha, fortunately for me I'm out of Virginia for a bit so I don't have to worry about running into you on the beltway. Just an FYI, your plate is showing on your first pic in your car domain page, and I saw you have it cropped out in most others.

Charles, I've been trying to keep up with what you and P3 have going on. I've gotta be in Towson to monitor a deposition in a few weeks...I'll PM you when you I get firm dates so maybe we can get a mini-meet lunch deal going.

IHG, ironic indeed...even more so, I was thinking about you last night ;) jk

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I haven't seen it.

Reactions: cfdp

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
A lot of us are making our way over to a G8 it seems ...

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Haha, fortunately for me I'm out of Virginia for a bit so I don't have to worry about running into you on the beltway. Just an FYI, your plate is showing on your first pic in your car domain page, and I saw you have it cropped out in most others.

Charles, I've been trying to keep up with what you and P3 have going on. I've gotta be in Towson to monitor a deposition in a few weeks...I'll PM you when you I get firm dates so maybe we can get a mini-meet lunch deal going.

IHG, ironic indeed...even more so, I was thinking about you last night ;) jk
Thanks. I think its my old plate that is showing up. I cant seem to get that bastard to delete.

·
Registered
548 Posts
i'll never understand why people cover up plates on the internet...everyone behind you can read it.

thats too bad about the G8 :), does yours have that GIANT flat lip/spoiler on it. someone that lives near Dougiefresh has a cranberry one with that giant blue whale tail sticking off the back of it and i want to light the car on fire. i have heard nothing but great things about the engineering,suspension,drivability and power. but i wont buy an american car until the fit and finish are on par with imports. imagine paying over $100k for a corvette only to get the same stereo,lock,power window,buttons,cheap plastic dash and console,vents and steering column controls that you get in a cobalt... plus the G8 to me still looks like a 99 Bonneville. not a bad car but pontiac needs a style upgrade BAD.

glad your happy with it, as all owners of the G8 seem to be, but for a cheaper replacement, look for a tahoe window rocker switch when yours breaks...:nana:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
do you know if the old owner moved to or lives in florida?

saw a red mica for the first time since i bought my car driving around here in fl.

Ironically, i was thinking earlier that week "man, you just dont see my car anywhere".

Only very rarely do i see a very stock looking platinum gray ms6. I think i also see Rhoadblock's very modified looking MS6 once in a blue moon.

Other than those and one other black cherry, i haven't seen any other MS6s ever. a total of four - not including myself in just about three years!!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
i have seen 5 since i bought mine a week ago.
mine-vrm
dougiefresh's-white
some old guy in a black one
a kid in a black one bombing down rt128 while i was in the ambalamps
and some smoking hot chick named kristin or kristy that i met at a gas station in one of those black cherry whatevers. i wasn't exactly looking at the car.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
and some smoking hot chick named kristin or kristy that i met at a gas station in one of those black cherry whatevers. i wasn't exactly looking at the car.
What gas station? I'm gonna pitch a tent over there and stalk her out like Michael Jackson would an elementary school.

·
Registered
548 Posts
it was in braintree at the shell station on washington street. oddly enough i had met her there in august when i bought my Rx8 and she talked to me about it then. she had been at the tanning place across the street and walked over to buy smokes. she was talking to me about rotaries and what not. then said she had a MS6 and it was that black/purpleish color.

saw the same color car pull in behind me at the shell this time some time last week and started to laugh to myself because my first thought was,"remember that hot ass chic who said she had one of these?" then she got out of the car and started to ask me questions about it, i told her we had met right there last summer and we both started laughing. she lives in Braintree and works right down the street from you as a bartender at waterclub.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
it was in braintree at the shell station on washington street. oddly enough i had met her there in august when i bought my Rx8 and she talked to me about it then. she had been at the tanning place across the street and walked over to buy smokes. she was talking to me about rotaries and what not. then said she had a MS6 and it was that black/purpleish color.

saw the same color car pull in behind me at the shell this time some time last week and started to laugh to myself because my first thought was,"remember that hot ass chic who said she had one of these?" then she got out of the car and started to ask me questions about it, i told her we had met right there last summer and we both started laughing. she lives in Braintree and works right down the street from you as a bartender at waterclub.
That's cool. I see romance brewing. Is Waterclub that Guido bar down at Marina Bay? My gf was telling me it got bought out AGAIN, and they're re-doing it. That's like 4 times in the last 5 years. I like that outdoor bar closet to Waterclub/whatever it's called now on the deck. That small bar right on the water that's part of that restaurant.

I never see any hot chicks when I'm driving around Quincy. Just a bunch of grizzlers most the time. When I lived in the city they were all over the place.

·
Registered
548 Posts
skyline is the one that got bought out again. but all of those places are turning into the fucking Jersey Shore. if it wasn't for my cousin's boyfriend i would have knocked out two assholes there last week. he hopped in and made them apologize for spilling their drinks on my girlfriend while telling a story that involved them lifting their arms up at the same time and drinks down her arm and leg. they weren't looking at what they were doing but they were giant assholes the whole time and almost ended up over the edge in the water for being Huge douches, spiked hair and Ed Hardy all over the place with HUGE belt buckles and their cell phone the size of a small laptop in a leather flip case on their belts also with huge bug eye pink lens sun glasses so they look like elton john. they were cool and they kept :highfive: the whole night. wasn't that cool when we were 7?

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Yeah, that particular bar/club attracts a lot of white trash... thus, I don't go there. It's too bad, because there are some great views of the water and city there, but those other bars there on the water are cool though. The only thing that stinks is that some of the nuevo "upper middle class" people there that think their net worth is $10M, lol. They need to get a clue. I know plenty of people that could buy and sell their asses that are the most humble people you'd ever meet. Pretentious pricks ftl. It's like ugly rich chicks that think money somehow makes them attractive? EMS pleaasse.

·
Registered
548 Posts
i know, it's like seeing people walk out of the trailer and onto hollywood blvd. they wear the clothes but a polished turd is still a turd. and everyone there has to say, Tom Brady lived hear, Tom Brady lived here. yeah when he was one of the least payed NFL players. now he doesn't live here anymore so get the fuck over it. it's a nice place but not as exclusive as they make it out to be. alot of places have private parking, that doesn't mean it's nice. i got towed from a CVS in Boston once for illegal parking, didn't mean it was a classy place.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
i know, it's like seeing people walk out of the trailer and onto hollywood blvd. they wear the clothes but a polished turd is still a turd. and everyone there has to say, Tom Brady lived hear, Tom Brady lived here. yeah when he was one of the least payed NFL players. now he doesn't live here anymore so get the fuck over it. it's a nice place but not as exclusive as they make it out to be. alot of places have private parking, that doesn't mean it's nice. i got towed from a CVS in Boston once for illegal parking, didn't mean it was a classy place.
LMAO!! I hear you. Kristen and I were looking at a 1 bedroom there, but it would've been real tight $ wise, so we decided to pass. Plus I would've had to sell my place first, and that's a pita. You can buy a garage there though, but they're $25,000 a pop. I hate that one building when you're exiting from the other end (not commander shea, but the other one). It looks like the Italian owners of Waterworks designed it to be "super classy," LOL. You know the one I mean.... looks all gaudy.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I do, it looks stupid and out of place. the atlantic is nice inside, i've done some work there before. construction and 911 ha ha ha. drunk slipped and fell and smashed his head wide open at the pool and a drunk kicked in the wrong door so i replaced the door. actually both of my professions get alot of work out of alcohol.

·
Registered
7,070 Posts

Reactions: IHeartGroceries
1 - 20 of 43 Posts