Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dumbass (me) backed his car into his neighbors fence, wrecking the housing of the drivers side mirror. Oddly the mirror glass is fine, but the housing is shot... Perfect time to put in new speakers, but CRAP!! So I was looking for a recommend for a dealer. Montgomery Mazda has best prices, no?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Call 1-704-563-1510 and ask for Jason. Was referred to him from someone on the forums, forget who... it's been awhile.

Almost had the same thing happen to me, called him up, provided VIN # for part match and the sideview mirror came within a week. Was suprised on how quick it arrived and the price was decent (believe $95 total including shipping). He's very helpful and will assist you with the install assuming he has time.

Here's how I replaced my sideview mirror:

Pull off side speakers (top small ones)
Unscrew sideview mirror and let it hang and clean the area. Think you need 8mm socket, I used pliers just fine
Remove and unscrew the rubber cover from the door. (where you grab to close the door)
Pull off door panel, starting from the top then going down to the sides worked best for me. Just becareful with the wires and make sure you dont pull anything off that your not suppose to. (When you put this back on, hook the top first and push.. or kick ^_^ the rest back in)
When you remove the door panel you will hear something pop (Just let it hang there, it's not that heavy). Most likely it'll be the door handle plastic covering coming off, if not then that's not good.
Once you have safely taken off the door panel you need to unplug the sideview mirror from the connector that's found within the door panel. (Assuming you have electronic ones)
To unplug it you need a screwdriver or pen to push the lever(?) and pull it out. (You'll understand when you see it)
If you have bent your sideview baseplate (where the screws are) I would suggest you straighten it before you put in the new mirror.
Screw on new mirror and plug it in.

Hardest thing for me was getting the door handle plastic cover back on. When you get ready to put the door panel back on just push it through the hole and leave it there unattached. Once you get the door panel back on then you snap the cover into place. If it's the passenger side then push the right side in, then the left side. It didn't go in perfectly for me but when I pulled on the handle it snapped into place.

For your old sideview mirror I would keep it to mess around with. Currently using mine as a lab rat for scatches and repairing it before I do it to my actual car. That or you can send it to me :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts