Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know why Mazda didn't put LED blinkers in the LED taillight housings.
So, I've replaced mine with these from V-LED. They are quite bright, check out the video below.
I'll be adding more pictures/video of the other lights I change.

~Mike

Video Link

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,543 Posts
Looks brighter than OEM, which IMO is a good thing.

Did you have to install a resistor to maintain the blink rate?

LEDs for the back-up lamps next?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, resistors are needed since the car blinks rapidly with the LED bulb installed.
I actually already have LEDs in the backups but I don't have pictures of them. I'll put an old bulb in and take a comparison shot sometime.
~Mike

·
Registered
658 Posts
and they are MUCH brigther than oem. i tried the smaller like 30 leds ones and those were not as bright but the 92 led one rapes oem :)

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,543 Posts
$35 per bulb? Ouch...

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,543 Posts
Yes, resistors are needed since the car blinks rapidly with the LED bulb installed.
I actually already have LEDs in the backups but I don't have pictures of them. I'll put an old bulb in and take a comparison shot sometime.
~Mike
Hey, where's my pic? :nana:

If possible, can you also throw up a daylight pic that shows the tails with the LED blinkers off? I'm sure that they are clear when off, but I'm just curious as how it actually looks.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry Ghost. I'm in the middle of moving into a new house and all projects are on hold. I also haven't been able to check the site for the past week or so.

~Mike

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,543 Posts
Hey, where's my pic? :nana:

If possible, can you also throw up a daylight pic that shows the tails with the LED blinkers off? I'm sure that they are clear when off, but I'm just curious as how it actually looks.
Bump...

Can you help a fellow 2nd-gen owner out? :)

Edit: Don't take it personal, I'm just giving you a hard time. Pics would be nice, just to see if it's the right direction for me, but we're all busy...

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright, finally cool enough to wash down my car yesterday so I got pictures of the blinker too. I don't have them installed int he front yet but attached are pictures of the rear blinker and backup light.
As you can see, there is no visible yellow reflection when the lights are off.
You can, of course, see the LEDs from a standing position through the edge of the lens.

~Mike

Attachments

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,543 Posts
Alright, finally cool enough to wash down my car yesterday so I got pictures of the blinker too. I don't have them installed int he front yet but attached are pictures of the rear blinker and backup light.
As you can see, there is no visible yellow reflection when the lights are off.
You can, of course, see the LEDs from a standing position through the edge of the lens.

~Mike
Looks clean. Liking the way there's no amber shown either.

About the 921 LEDs in the back-ups... Are they as bright as the stock bulbs? I'd gladly swap 'em out if they're as bright.

If not, I've discovered how you can modify a 894 bulb to fit into the 921 housing, giving out 38 watts instead of the 18-watt 921s. I may try that out if the LEDs don't cut it...

BTW, nice T-shirt. I've got one myself... :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts