Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what car would you trade in your 6 for?
tommarow im going to go test drive a g6 gtp

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
with the market right now 2006 under 25000 new , lease 2006 and up, or used 16,000 range. So far id have to say the geo metro is my first choice

·
Registered
198 Posts
new- 2006 pontiac GTO. These things are sitting like ducks, and are selling brand new for 26000. (i had 1000 hidden under my bed). 400hp, warranty, 26k!

used-16kish= 2000-2002 Honda S2000- a true Sports cars that is affordable, 50/50, 120hp per liter, 9k rpm

·
Registered
344 Posts
If I were to have my inequity paid off by now (plus extra money to accommodate for vehicle depreciation), there is no doubt that I would go for a 2006 or 2007 Mazdaspeed 6. I've only had my 6 for a little less than six months so I am not willing to make any moves for a long time. I like and enjoy the car enough to where I could see myself keeping it for several years and having a nice sedan paid off already to drive, especially if I consider starting a family or something. I'm only to turn 20 in the next few months, so I'm much too young to continue playing around with my credit.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Probably a speed6... or that speed6 wagon that they just released in Europe, if it were available here. Nothing else really appeals to me right now.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I feel the same way about nothing else appealing to me. I know for a fact I'd never have another true American car again after the experience I had last time with my Chrysler.

I would probably go for the Speed6 this time around, now that I've learned to drive a clutch somewhat better than I could before.

I plan to keep my car for a long time to come though. I just got my 6 in June 06.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Subaru WRX,

But I live in Canada with all the snow, so i would love the all-wheel drive

·
Registered
107 Posts
If I had money - STI

When I'm done with college and don't have to drive on the interstate a few hours every week - Subaru Baja or (another) Jeep wrangler.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Just curious what car would you trade in your 6 for?
tommarow im going to go test drive a g6 gtp
[/b]

Im curious... How was the G6 GTP? 2 or 4 door?

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
If I can get the deal that I want within the next few Weeks, I'll be saying bye - bye to my 6 and hopping in a Speed6 hopefully.

The problem with AMerican Cars is that they don't want to innovate, they focus on too many exterior razzle dazzle, and Drag HP..

Nobody gives a shit if your car is RWD and 400hp if you don't have anything else remotely appealing....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
test drove the g6 gtp earlier today. car is real smooth and the pickup is excellent. it was a 2 door and handled just like the 6. 0-60 is in the low 6's i think on them. love that supercharger, 2 bad aftermarket is slim for them right now

·
Registered
77 Posts
test drove the g6 gtp earlier today. car is real smooth and the pickup is excellent. it was a 2 door and handled just like the 6. 0-60 is in the low 6's i think on them. love that supercharger, 2 bad aftermarket is slim for them right now
[/b]
I didn't know the G6 was supercharged

·
Registered
375 Posts
worried about a slim aftermarket and you own a 6 ha ha ha

anyways the g6 arent bad

good luck with whatever you choose

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lmfao i feel like an ass. I just assumed it had a supercharger with its pick up and the way it sounded. gtp usually i thought that was supercharged. today im gonna try to test drive a scooby but insurance for those are an arm and a leg

·
Registered
863 Posts
the Grand Prix GTP uses a Supercharged 3.8L engine starting in 1997-current I beleive. The G6 GTP originally had a N/A 3.9L with 240ish HP with a 4 speed auto or a 6 speed manual. I think starting in 2007, the GTP has a "High Feature" N/A 3.6L with 250-260 HP and a 6 speed auto only.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I would probably go for the Speed6 this time around, now that I've learned to drive a clutch somewhat better than I could before.
[/b]
I would too. But the Speed6 has a much more sensitive and difficult clutch. Its kind of a bitch. But the car is just amazing IMO.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts