Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A GT-i4 w/GFX, Premium Audio, Moonroof, Sport Grille. In Dark Gray [I still like to call it Steel Gray].

BUT it's not made yet. 8 Weeks. Middle of May. But I planned it that way. It's a summer driven car.

And yes I know that's a 'common' color with the 6, but here in Newfoundland it'll be the only one of that color with that trim.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reading Topic: Might as well add my name on here

I'm leasing [self-employed] and in CAD $440.53 a month based on 4 years. Buy out of 15,800 after that.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Alright. They found one scheduled for production this month. It was slated for Toronto. They just swapped everything over about it. As it stands right now it's the only model of this trim and color coming to Newfoundland for this years model. And one of only 3 in the Atlantic provinces.

Can't get much more unique than that. I think I'm going to enjoy this :D And I don't mind the wait as I wouldn't be driving it in the snow anyways.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Might as well add my name on here'

Congrats Kincaid!! Its neat to see those who have been on the board for awhile.. eventually getting their cars.. one by one.... happy for you.

Just curious... i am debating whether or not to go v6 or 4 banger... i am leaning to 4 banger... the price of gas etc is going through the roof etc... I am assuming you test drove it... how was the 4 cyl power on highway and passing etc... any thoughts. I drove a 1995 acura integra 142 hp for seven years and had no complaints....

cheers
:cheers

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I must say it was more than adequate. I'm thinking it's probably the VVT that contributes to it, but it zips nicely. Nice enough anyways. I couldn't justify over $3000CAD for something that weighs more and uses more gas. But I'm more of a driving dynamics person. You won't see me at the 1/4mile strip.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Might as well add my name on here'

Originally posted by nfarch

Just curious... i am debating whether or not to go v6 or 4 banger...  i am leaning to 4 banger... the price of gas etc is going through the roof etc...  I am assuming you test drove it... how was the 4 cyl power on highway and passing etc... any thoughts.  I drove a 1995 acura integra  142 hp for seven years and had no complaints....

cheers
:cheers[/b]
I haven't driven the 6i (4 cyl) myself, but I can tell you something right now: Your Integra is a lot lighter than the 6. The 6 weighs around 3300 lbs; the Integra is probably around what, 2000, 2500? I can't imagine it being more than 2500 (though I really have no idea what I'm talking about ;) ). I'm currently driving a 2002 Camry, 5-speed, 4-cylinder. It has a 158 hp engine, and it has pretty good pickup for a 3400 lb car. I'm getting myself a 6s, though, because I want the extra punch of the V-6, and having test-driven one, I think it blows the doors off of my Camry.

The difference in EPA mileage rating is 5 mpg if I remember correctly (I think the 6i is 25/32, and the 6s is 20/27). I'm personally opting for more power versus better economy, but it's a matter of personal preference.

Good luck with your decision! :)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Ok. Went in today and ordered the Sport Grill. It'll look nice. Going to have it on the car before I pick it up.

Also doing some work for an aftermarket parts dealer here and he's going to get me a Catz 5500k HID system for nothing. He can get it wholesale and I'll just work out how many months of work I'll do free for the cost of it. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts