Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is that time again, Mid Ohio and the Speed World Challenge Mazda 6's of Tindol Motosports and Tri-Point! Come see Randy Pobst, Jeff Altenburg, Charles Espenlaub, Charlie Putman and Mary Katherine! Mary will be driving a brand new Mazda 6 sponsored by Bravo. In addition, come check out the New LMP2 from MazdaSpeed & B-K Motorsports, with the new 2.0L MZR-R prototype engine.

Mazdaspeed Motorsports is looking to create greater prescence, so they want to create "Mazda Corrals" for all of the events where Mazda races. Mazdaspeed Motorsports is going to subsidize some of the cost along with a chosen Mazda dealership from the locals area/region.

The goal is to have 50-75 Mazda vehicles of all types, modded or not, along with a hospitality tent, pace car controlled parade lap, mazda hat, custom t-shirt specific to this event, lunch provided on race day, meet & greet with race teams, photo shoot with all corral members & guests with ALMS team, with all members wearing custom t shirt on pit and grid walk thrus.

Park Mazda of Wooster is agreed to help sponsor the Mid-Ohio event, along with a few other local companies. We will be holding a raffle, with all of the money going to charity, Park will be donating some items, one of the items I will let you know, will be a signed Le Bron James Cavs jersey.

I will have ticket prices and further information as the event draws nearer and as we firm up the remaining details and plans. If you came last year, this will be 1000% better than lat years event and last year was great! I hope to see you guys again this year and some new faces as well.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know I'm going to be there![/b]
Lets see, Sebring, Lime Rock, Watkins Glen, Mid-Ohio, Road Atlanta, Mosport, Exhibition place in Toronto! It looks like we'll make all of the events, with the exception of the Miller Park in Utah, but who knows. We'll be at the season ending event @ Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway. Damn, Ray, you'll be attending more than half of the events.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I'll go to Mid-Ohio with you guys...but ummmmm......Gas Money is Needed....hehehe Just kidding with ya.... :nana:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I bet I could make it, would be fun!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
where exactly will this be located at?[/b]

Mid-Ohio in Lexington, OH (Mansfield area)

I'll go to Mid-Ohio with you guys...but ummmmm......Gas Money is Needed....hehehe Just kidding with ya.... :nana:[/b]
Neal, you are more than welcome to join us.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Shit. I can't make it. I'll be in L.A. for a wedding.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'd love to come out and see it.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Neal, you are more than welcome to join us.[/b]
ehehhe thanks.....but a little TOO far away from my area. I believe Sebring, St. Petersburg, and Road Atlanta will be my tracks to visit :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ehehhe thanks.....but a little TOO far away from my area. I believe Sebring, St. Petersburg, and Road Atlanta will be my tracks to visit :yesnod:[/b]

We'll put you up, we will post video of the event for ya.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
ehehhe thanks.....but a little TOO far away from my area. I believe Sebring, St. Petersburg, and Road Atlanta will be my tracks to visit :yesnod:[/b]
I don't even wanna hear about it. Marlon and I are driving down to Sebring to hang with you. Therefore, you haveta drive to Lime Rock to see me and to Mid-Ohio to see Marlon. :nana:

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rays' right, man you have to make 5 of the 10 events! You can be a true fan unless you can hang woth the big dogs! I'll tell you one thing, if you go to another event, Mid-Ohio is the one of the ones you mos def want to attend. We will have a major announcement soon, a couple of weeks after Sebring.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I don't even wanna hear about it. Marlon and I are driving down to Sebring to hang with you. Therefore, you haveta drive to Lime Rock to see me and to Mid-Ohio to see Marlon. :nana:[/b]

ahhaha...I guess that means........[attachment=20566:images.jpg]

Better start early eh? :nono:

I'm ON MY WAY!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mazdaspeed Motorsports Development, Mazda North America & Park Mazda of Wooster will be sponsoring the Mazda Sho-Gou ( Mazda Corral) @ Mid Ohio, the weekeknd of July 20-22, 2007. The IRL, ALMS and Speed World Challenge Touring Cars will be showcased.

I am looking to see how many members will be interested in participating in the corral, as we are looking for 50-100 cars to fill the corral, modded or not. Here is what you will receive if you choose to participate.

1. Catered Lunch
2. Hospitality Tent w/ new cars displayed by Park Mazda
3. Mazda Hat & Custom T-Shirt specific to the event
4. Tri-Point Show Car (depending on availabilty)
5. Pace Car Controlled Parade Lap, all corral participants
6. Meet & Greet with B-K Motorsports LMP2 car w/ New 2.0L MZR-R turbocharged engine
7. Meet & Greet with Tindol Motosports & Tri-Point teams, featuring the following drivers: Randy Pobst, Jeff Altenburg, Charles Espenlaub, Michael Galati, Charlie Putman & my girl, Mary Katherine, the only female in the TC series.
8. Photoshoot w/ all Mazda racing teams. Plus, all corrall participants to take group shot on the grid with the B-K Motorsports, in there Custom T-Shirts
9. Charity Raffle benefitting the Hatch's Foundation for Pediatric Cancer and a local Women's & Childrens Shelter.

Some of the sponsors will be: CPE, Mazdaspeed Motorsports, Piloti Driving Shoes, Park Mazda of Wooster, just to name a few. We are lining up additional support as well.

10. Your paid guest will be allowed to participate in all of the festivities as well.

I will be finalizing the details of the event with representatives of Mazdaspeed Motorsports, Mazda, N.A., IMSA and Park Mazda of Wooster later this week. Again, if you are interested, please list your car and how many tickets you will be needing, again space for the corral will be limited.

Please PM me with any questions.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My tickets were ordered in January for this Mid Ohio event. I would be driving in from Detroit. I am interested in attending the Mazda Corral event. What is the additional cost if any...????
newbombturk

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My tickets were ordered in January for this Mid Ohio event. I would be driving in from Detroit. I am interested in attending the Mazda Corral event. What is the additional cost if any...????
newbombturk[/b]
We will be working on the final cost of the event this week. Here is an example of what our cost were @ Sebring.

An individual pass is $140 for Sebring, the price that we're getting is $99, which includes lunch on Friday & Saturday, along with the some of the other items listed above. Again, I do not know what the cost will be, I am confident that it will not exceed what you have paid for your ticket. I would see what the return policy is for tickets as we'll have a better package.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
We will be working on the final cost of the event this week. Here is an example of what our cost were @ Sebring.

An individual pass is $140 for Sebring, the price that we're getting is $99, which includes lunch on Friday & Saturday, along with the some of the other items listed above. Again, I do not know what the cost will be, I am confident that it will not exceed what you have paid for your ticket. I would see what the return policy is for tickets as we'll have a better package.[/b]

count me in, PM if more info needed but unless there's an earthquake in the midwest between now and july I'm there, cameras and all.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
count me in, PM if more info needed but unless there's an earthquake in the midwest between now and july I'm there, cameras and all.[/b]
Dennis, somehow, I knew you would be coming! Are you going to be bringing any one with you? Also, if you need a motel, we are working on discount packages for members who need them, as well as camping @ the track.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.