Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not much of an audiophile, but I'm sure after a few months I will want to upgrade the speakers that come with the stock system.

What would be a couple of middle price range 5x7 speakers (I'm pretty sure that is what they are from other topics) that would be worth looking at to improve the sound? Just looking for a few ideas as I know it will depend on my own tastes.

Would I have to mutilate things to put in 6x9's?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Replying to Topic 'mid level speakes to replace the OEM's'

Hi solar,
I just finished installing/uninstaling a pair of Nakamichi's 5x7 speakers instead of the original ones, and they looked and felt much more supstantial than the stock's.
But with the nakamichi installed the lower bass disappeared completely, it seems that these speakers were somewhat tailord to the door inclosuers! trust me when i say that just a speaker replacement well not do it, you'll need to be ready for much more upgrading :(

Dammnn! as we dont get the Bose here and i need somthing a little better sounding than the stock and at the same time i don't want to go and tear the car up!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.