Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the lack of initiative in the Fender Rolling Thread I have decided to take things in to my own hands. November 11 or 18 from whenever in the morning till whenever at night. I will be having people come by to get thier fenders rolled. We will probably rent the tool from RollYourFender.com for $50 with a $250 deposit. Even if you don't need them rolled we would be happy to have you come by. There will definitely be some free pizza and soda. I'm hoping that some of the senior members in the area come out so that some of the novice's, like myself, can learn from their vast experience. If you think you might like to attend just add your name to the list and indicate if you will need use of the fender rolling tool or not.

If there are any other mods that you would like to do but are unsure of, brake light, airbox, caliper painting, headlight tinting. Let me know soon and i will see if we can make it work.

My house is not far from Lake Fairfax where the BBQ's are held. If you are interested in coming I will PM you with details about location. Thanks!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I don't have any work to do right now, but I'm down with showing up.

1. L Train
2. PGK_GT

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I would like to stop by, if work permits. Would love to paint my calipers, or maybe install my new electronic mirrors:)
Let me know.

1. L Train
2. PGK_GT
3. Cherryspeed

My votes for the 11th.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I would like to stop by, if work permits. Would love to paint my calipers, or maybe install my new electronic mirrors:)
Let me know.

1. L Train
2. PGK_GT
3. Cherryspeed

My votes for the 11th.
[/b]

Wish I could go but it's a long drive!!!

If I may suggest painting your calipers when you first get there to give them a few hours to dry properly. Otherwise they come out like crap!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well we haven't gotten much of an interest. Digger seems to be the only member who i have talked to who is looking to get their fenders rolled. The optimal day for me is the 11th if this still works out, so it will have to be before the Dave and Busters meet.

Cherryspeed no problem if you want to do the calipers. Though to be honest i think you might be better off just putting them off until the spring.

By wednesday i will know for sure if this going through or not. If there are any other members who want their fenders rolled i will need to be made aware by monday so i can discuss the rental and get it ironed out with the website. The worst thing that will happen is there isn't any interest, the meet is cancelled and diggers fender rolling is postponed again. Hopefully this will work out but i will update wed with a definite yes or no.

-Chris

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
You know I'm in. BTW, does anyone have a torque wrench that'll fit aftermarket lug holes? The wrench for changing out the spare doesn't even fit in the lug recesses on my winter rims.

Also, any suggestions as to where I can buy tuner/aftermarket lugs? I went to an Autozone on New Hampshire in NE (not the friendliest) and the stuff they had there looked really cheap.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
I was going to do the fender roll, but I'd still like to come to hang out. The only thing is, I work 11-5 every Saturday and I'm 90 min. away from Silver Spring.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'd be up for possibly coming up there and hanging out as well! Don't need any fender rolling done... but would be cool to meet some of you folks!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry guys, especially digger, but with the lack of interest i don't think this is going to happen at the moment. If you were just looking to meet some of the guys i know that the meet at Dave and Busters in MD is still going on. I'm not sure if i will be attending but i'm considering it. Have a good weekend and maybe i will see some of you at 7 on sat.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Got my lugs and socket extension today...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah i need to roll, lol. oh well, at least its not for lack of trying

1 - 12 of 12 Posts