Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi all,

I just bought a White Pearl 2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT in Houston, and drove it back to Michigan. It's been excellent so far, no rattles or anything, and while it isn't much of a mod, I already did the fold-down rear seat mod, as I'm an avid skier and want to be able to carry my skis easily. Next up...probably the rear diff mounts, a CAI (or short-ram) and a big brake kit.

How have the rest of you Michiganders found the MS6 to be during the winter? How have you managed (if you have) to avoid rust problems starting?

Hope to see some of you all out on the backroads!
~Vansquish

·
Registered
49 Posts
QUOTE (HefMS6 @ Sep 22 2009, 09:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1602817
I got my 07 ms6 from Suburban mazda of troy and I dont really care for their service. Is there any other dealer or service place you would take your care to for lets say a clutch job?

I also have been seeing a Ti silver ms6 with black wheels around 6 and 7 mile rd in livonia, Are you here?

As for the new MI ms6, snow tires are a must. The paint is not all that great (strong) on the ms6. I am getting a little of rust like others have mention, but what is worse is the stone chips from all the highway construction. I know I will need to repaint the front in a year ir two...unless I can get a CF hood for cheaper.[/b]

I'm already on the prowl for snow tires, as I'm going to be making regular trips to Madison, WI to visit my girlfriend over the course of the winter, so I figure I might need them. i have to get new tires anyway for at least the rear wheels, the previous owner apparently did some auto crossing or something and the tires on the rears (I assume that they rotated them to the rear) are pretty well worn down. I think I'll probably be getting a set of 18" snow tires to match the OEM wheels, or possibly a second set of 18" OEM-size wheels to put the tires on if I decide to go all-in.

As far as the service issue, my mom bought a Mazda 3S hatch from Suburban Mazda of Troy and wasn't impressed with them either. However, so far, I've been taking my car to Sesi Lincoln Mercury Mazda in Ypsilanti. They seem to be fairly straightforward and service-oriented. I haven't had them do any major work or anything, so I don't know how they would be for that, but they might be worth a look.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I ended up just getting two Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS tires to replace the two bald ones I have, as the other two still had 8/32nds of tread left. I'm going to see how it goes over the first snowfall and then if I find I'm having trouble in the snow, winter tires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.