Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen any documented numbers on the gains, if any?! Or has anyone happened to of had the chance to dyno their car after installation? Or is there a post on this somewhere that I missed.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Has anyone seen any documented numbers on the gains, if any?! Or has anyone happened to of had the chance to dyno their car after installation? Or is there a post on this somewhere that I missed.[/b]
No gains... Anyone care to explain?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope someone can enligten me, as Magnaflows site states, "MagnaFlow will NEVER sell an exhaust system that doesn’t increase power over the stock exhaust system." Hmm.. :blink:

·
Registered
270 Posts
cat backs can't provide any real gains on these cars until the forward portion of the exhaust is freed up. the exhaust after the cat was designed to maintain the velocity of the gases from that point on. The forward pipes have a series of diameter and shape changes that seriously impede flow. basically the stock cat back is restrictive but it doesn't matter because the forward part is as well.

badass avatar btw

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cat backs can't provide any real gains on these cars until the forward portion of the exhaust is freed up. the exhaust after the cat was designed to maintain the velocity of the gases from that point on. The forward pipes have a series of diameter and shape changes that seriously impede flow. basically the stock cat back is restrictive but it doesn't matter because the forward part is as well.

badass avatar btw[/b]
So basically, i've got some sound, but i have to focus on getting a header?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Has anyone dynoed their car with the CPE Headers and stock exhaust vs CPE Headers and aftermarket catback exhaust? I'm curious as to what the difference is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.