Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

I have a long history of Mazda ownership and loyalty dating back to my first Mazda, an 83 RX-7.

My current arsenal of Mazda's include:

Wife's 2003 MPV

My 2008 Anniversary Edition RX-8 (daily summer drive and Autocross Toy)

and my latest addition:

2006 Mazdaspeed6 (My winter ride)
Minty Red GT with Leather, Bose and AWD (no NAV)
Off lease return in immaculate condition with a normal 80,000km

My home:
Winnipeg Manitoba, where AWD will most definitely be appreciated.

Where you can find me:
In the Mazdaspeed6 section.

Here's a peek, better picture to follow.

Attachments

·
Registered
884 Posts
welcome to club man. Your gonna love driving this thing in the winter. It's a blast. Gonna do any mods to it?

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Welcome & congrats on the MS6!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
welcome to club man. Your gonna love driving this thing in the winter. It's a blast. Gonna do any mods to it?
I read about the weak rear diff mount and wanted to upgrade that before the OEM breaks. Also want to install a short throw shifter. Next year I may upgrade the BOV and add a COBB AP.

Welcome to the forum....
Throw on some snow tires and you will be pleased like sex on wheels :)
Funny thing, my car came with Nokian 225/45R18 M&S tires on the OEM rims.

I think those will be good for my first winter. Unfortunately I would likely need to get them off the OEM rims and onto spares before the treads are destroyed from the summer driving. Luckily I have a spare set of stock RX-8 rims ready. So I am thinking, take my stock Potenza RE040 tires off my RX-8 Anniversary Rims and put those on the Speed 6 Rims. Put the Nokian M&S on my stock RX-8 rims and get a set of high performance tires for the Anniversary Rims.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I read about the weak rear diff mount and wanted to upgrade that before the OEM breaks. Also want to install a short throw shifter. Next year I may upgrade the BOV and add a COBB AP.

Funny thing, my car came with Nokian 225/45R18 M&S tires on the OEM rims.

I think those will be good for my first winter. Unfortunately I would likely need to get them off the OEM rims and onto spares before the treads are destroyed from the summer driving. Luckily I have a spare set of stock RX-8 rims ready. So I am thinking, take my stock Potenza RE040 tires off my RX-8 Anniversary Rims and put those on the Speed 6 Rims. Put the Nokian M&S on my stock RX-8 rims and get a set of high performance tires for the Anniversary Rims.
Sounds good if you have a connection/deal at a tire shop..
Welcome..:)

·
Registered
319 Posts
welcome to the club, and def start with the mounts... motor mount, diff mount etc..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts