Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, yesterday I got my in-dash DVD player. I like it a lot. I also had the Metra Kit ready to install. I connected all the harnesses from the car to the kit. There were a few wires from the aftermarket harness I did not use ( ATT , Powerbrake , and some other thing ).

My main problem is that with the Electronic Temperature Controls display on the LCD. Firstly, the temp and level does not show all the time. Sometimes ( when installing the kit or tapping the console ) the LCD screen shows the data on screen. Only once did the air level show as going up and down when I turned the wheel.

Prior to installing the kit everything wroked fine. Now, my temp. controls are all weird. It actually does blow air and stuff, but doesn't show up on LCD screen. Any advice or help?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just did this recently. With the Metra kit and Electronic controls:

You will only use 1 of the cables that comes with the metra kit. The one that plugs into the back for the stock harness....this one has the wires hanging out of it PLUS that little molex connector (like a pc power connector of the power supply into a cdrom or hard drive).

The other cable that you will use will come off the stock system. its a 16 connector (very thin) on one side and the other side is what plugs in to stock (behind dash)

There are only 4 connectors that get plugged into the metra kit (with electronics control):

1. the cable that comes with the metra kit - plugs into stock harness behind dash into the electronics control (both)

2. 2 connectors that come out from behind the radio which both plug directly into the hvac unit

3. the connector that is basically an extension into the real flat/skinny connector one of the circuit boards

if there is a problem, something is wrong with dash kit...mine works great!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I am not ready to call it a Metra Kit fault. I am going to try a few things and hope it all works out. If it does work, then good. if not, then I will take it from there. I think I found the problem. On the back of the circuit board are two pronged slots that plug into the ETC Block. if not properly inserted, everything doesn't show up as it should. Will let everyone know how it ends up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys. Sorry to bring up an old thread. I got a metra kit. I can't get the info display to work. Can anyone tell me what actual wires need to go into this plug so I can rewire it. Is it power /earth what else? This is driving me crazy I don't wanna buy another kit. If I knew what wires to tap into I can rewire it my self. Thanks in advance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts