Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i bought a metra kit for my 04 mazda 6.....installed it, all working well, except my lcd info screen is just blank, it is backlit, but there is no display.

i have to auto air con, so i sorta need to know what the temp is.

Im in australia, part was shipped from U.S

PLEASE HELP.

is the metra faulty.

·
Registered
192 Posts
No, its not at all... you did exactly what I did.

You are going to have to take out the metra and look at the wiring. There is a tiny two-prong plug that you more than likely missed plugging in the back of the plate.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Wait, where is this wire? on the factory wiring or on the metra dash kit? This would be great to find, as I am having the same problem!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its a 2 pin wire with a pink connector. Its very tight and if your not careful it will come out. There is only one place for this wire to go.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ok, after having my checked at an audio shop, mine had a bad circut board, i dont have auto air, so that plug doesnt apply to me, trust me, I was about standing on my head looking for it, it aint there! Thanks though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ok, after having my checked at an audio shop, mine had a bad circut board, i dont have auto air, so that plug doesnt apply to me, trust me, I was about standing on my head looking for it, it aint there! Thanks though.
I hope I'm on the same page here.

I distinctly remember a two pin connector that needed to be plugged into the Metra kit. I don't have the Automatic climate control either, but it still plugged in. And it was very short, so it could easily be pulled out.

I havn't had any problems with the Metra kit....other than the fact that the paint doesnt match as good as I'd like it to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, Just awakening this forum chat.

Im from NewZealand, and have just replaced my standard shity stereo, with a aftermarket sony using a metra dash kit.

The problem i have, is my LED dash/light part doesn't show my heater or time controls :-(.

So same problem as the top guy^^

Iv double checked everything twice, and it looks mint-Will upload pics.

I have automatic air-con BTW.

Please help, i have looked via google and in the other forums, hence why i started this one up and not make another :)

·
Registered
4 Posts

If you look in the far right of the picture, you can see 2 plugs, 1 is for the HAZARD lights and the other comes from the Metra face plate, the the plug that the LED screen plugs into.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sorry to hijack, but since I installed my Metra over 2 years ago, i've had issues with the LCD screen. I don't have climate control, but all the screen displays after I installed the metra is "Saved" and it flickers, and sometimes displays odd characters. The clock also doesn't keep time, no matter how many times I set it, when I come back, the time is wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi

Oh really? weird.

When i go to turn my ignition on, it will flicker with the correct lights/leds but once i start the car, it goes blank.

(with the back screen, lit up)

Dont think anyone else has had this problem

·
Registered
4 Posts
Help

Can anyone think of how i could fix this?

Yes we drive on the other side of the road, compared to other countries and i did notice the buttons were around the wrong way but work perfectly.

Would the wiring for the LED be the same? Or should i change some of the pins around?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts