Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody heard any more on the possiblity of getting the Metra kit to work outside of ut US ?

There was a few of us looking into it some time ago, but nothing came of it.

I have fitted the kit into my 6 (UK Spec), and whilst the display doesn't work and the LED's dance to themselves, the actual function of the controls is still there.

My kit and Kenwood deck are now in and all is ok, except for the problems above.

It would be nice to sort this out, but metra just don't seem interested in looking after anything outside the US.

Cheers,
Adam.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anybody heard any more on the possiblity of getting the Metra kit to work outside of ut US ?

There was a few of us looking into it some time ago, but nothing came of it.

I have fitted the kit into my 6 (UK Spec), and whilst the display doesn't work and the LED's dance to themselves, the actual function of the controls is still there.

My kit and Kenwood deck are now in and all is ok, except for the problems above.

It would be nice to sort this out, but metra just don't seem interested in looking after anything outside the US.

Cheers,
Adam.
[/b]
Hi,

Is ur 6 using the electronic climate control or manual climate control?

There's another thread in which the 6 in Toronta are having display problem for those with electronic climate control..also 06 US model with electronic climate are facing this problem as well..but no problem for 06 US model with manual control..

Just wondering whether the electronic climate control is causing the problem for the display?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Twonks!

Look for PM - I send it.

This is new information for us in Europe, that kit wont work with electronic climate control for US models of Mazda6. But a man, who bought this kit in Germany also have manual cotrol and kit didn't work, same problems as at me and Twonks. We are three peaple with Metra kit in Europe (last information, that man from Germany returned the kit) and because of that fact, Metra isn't preparring new electronics for us (too small number).
Sorry for those, who wants to buy this kit in Europe....it wont work, I'm not sorry for my money, I have install aftermarket radio and new speakers, but I can't see information on the display and those three LED diodes are having fun...light show, as Twonks wrote.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Twonks!

I have to tell you, that I removed the Metra kit from my car and I managed to install my Pioneer DEH-MP77 into original console on the place for original CD unit.
So, front plate from Pioneer I have in upper compartment (I made link cable for communicating with radio) and I have tu buy that plastic plate as you need it if you install original mazda's CD unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Meljo
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing