Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Mazda 6s w/ Bose system (Bose amp and speakers)

Hey all, I just installed the metra kit for my car last night and had a friend who knows soldering and electronics well to help me. He connected everything according to the metra kit manual and even double checked the new headunit's manual. We connected the headunit to test it and no sound came on. I fiddled with the sound settings on the headunit, and still nothing. My friend came to the conclusion that the metra harness was maybe missing the pre-amp connectors on the harness and wasn't sending the signal to the Bose amp. We hooked up the factory stereo and everything worked. We hooked up the new headunit again and it worked, but still no sound. I searched around this forum and found a sticky on this topic, but couldn't make sense of it. Please help! I want to get this done soon!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha, THAT was the sticky I didn't get. Maybe someone can explain it to me in layman's terms? :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
what exactly did you do to remedy this situation?
[/b]
To do this, it's as easy as soldering on 4 male RCA plugs to the "speaker" wires in the Metra harness. The negative "speaker" wire should be soldered to the pole on the plug that connects to the ring. The positive "speaker" wire should be soldered to the pole on the plug that connects to the post. Once you've done this for the FR, FL, RR and LR "speaker" wires, all you have to do is plug in your front and rear RCA jacks from your head unit and all should work well.

the above paragraph is all you need from that sticky. You need to buy some RCA cables. Cut the ends off, leaving yourself a good 6 inches of wire attached to the ends. strip away the insulation on the outside and also the insulation on the "inside" wire. The "inside" wire is the one that goes to the pole as mentioned above. the "outside" wire (after you twist it all together) is the one that goes to the ring as mentioned above. Does this clear it up for you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts