Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here'e the question that i ask to metra rep.

I read in a forum that we could use the kit which you made for the model 2003-2005 if the car is equip with manual control for heating and cooling. The things I would like to know if I use the kit in question, does the display will function correctly. I’m taking about the outside temperature (AMB) and do I will be able to write the text in the middle section of the display. The other thing’s if it’s possible give me a time frame for the 2006 kit when it will be available.

The Answer is >>

Everything will work like 05' except the color of the kit will not match the dash.
No ETA as of yet for the new kit.

Matt

So for now i bought a 2003-2005 kit for my 6s 2006 take all the electronic on the new kit and fit that to the original kit. The only things i have to do is to fill the hole for fit my Alpine radio. I will come back with picture soon and all the step i did to fit the all kit. It's alot of work but it work.

·
Registered
293 Posts
im sure it could be painted to match the color of the 2006 trim, and i am definatlely interested in doing this to mine. post some pics as soon as you get a chance!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I'm 99.9% sure that the metra kit for the 03-05 doesn't work in the 06. Might want to do a little bit more research, but from what I remember reading, some members went through lots of work to get them paint matched, only to be dissapointed when the electronics didn't work properly.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm 99.9% sure that the metra kit for the 03-05 doesn't work in the 06. Might want to do a little bit more research, but from what I remember reading, some members went through lots of work to get them paint matched, only to be dissapointed when the electronics didn't work properly.
[/b]
I read the same thing, and im not willing to test it myself. But let us know how it works out for you, then i might do it aswell.

·
Registered
165 Posts
[/b]
Like me :swearin: I have my painted Metra kit for sale in the buy/sell section. Mine matches my speed6 dash perfectly. It will work with a 06 model, but it has to have manual climate controls.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:tear: Hi guy's

I final test the 2005 Turbo 2 metra kit in my 2006 06 with manual climate control.

Just for information:

The kit work perfectly, all the control is OK. The only thin's is the display that dosen't work.
But the clock still there and fonctial.

I'm pretty sure that there's is a only little thing's why the display dosen't Work.

I'm a electronique Ingeneer and i will verify that.

I'm about to have the electronic wiring of that part of the car then after i gonna check for that thin's work perfectly, then i will put the electronic part af the Metra KIT on the original kit of the car.

Matt a Metra told me that the kit will work as the same in 2006 model, so i ask him other question on the subject and i will give you feedback.

Thank's to you all i'm new here and i found a lot of thin's interesting about every thin's on 06.

Sorry for my english I live in Quebec.

See you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts