Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i removed my non bose unit, and replaced with metra kit 99-7503. after pluging all back together, i found the dislay pannel to light up but with no display of time or temp. anyone had same problem or know what might has caused this.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sorry mate, but from what Ive read on here, the metra kit isnt fully compatible with a uk m6. Nor is it compatible with an 2006 m6.
Just so you know some people will be telling you to search this topic rather then asking about it. Some tend to be ass's about it. Ignor them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
when i removed my non bose unit, and replaced with metra kit 99-7503. after pluging all back together, i found the dislay pannel to light up but with no display of time or temp. anyone had same problem or know what might has caused this.
[/b]
I am from the UK and found exactly the same problem.

It is a fact regrettably that the Metra kit only works with USA models.

You can install it in the UK but you won't have a factory display for the A/C etc.

Everything does still work but you have to guess settings.

I had mine like this for a few months and it finally annoyed me to the degree that I took it out and put the factory unit back in.

If you are feeling brave, you can seperate the front panel from a aftermarket H/U and replace the factory cd player with yours. You'd need to be quite handy with a soldering iron and have somewhere to put the front of the stereo remotely. (Like the map pocket)

It has been done by Meljo on here and he will send you pics if you need to know more.

HTH, Adam.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Are any of you willing to sell your kits..
[/b]
I am guessing with shipping from the UK, you won't be saving any money.

On a brighter note, if Metra ever comes out with a '06 kit, who knows, might work with other 6s in the other countries.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for your help chaps, might leave it a couple of weeks and see if i can live with it or wether to keep it standerd. carnt beleave no one does anything in uk for the 6.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Twonks!

As I read here, you didn't try to install aftermarket radio... :(
I must say...it's working realy fine for me and I finaly can listen real music.
I did send pictures also to Stimo.....mybe hi will do it.

LP Meljo

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just so you know some people will be telling you to search this topic rather then asking about it. Some tend to be ass's about it. Ignore them.
[/b]
And we can all guess who that ass is! :yesnod: (You'll find him responding to most of my posts ... he makes newbies feel soooooo welcome.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts