1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tell me my dash don't match

my 2 12s

my amp

i think i might add 2 8s also. im not sure yet. but im happy with my system so far.

·
Registered
488 Posts
tell me my dash don't match

my 2 12s

my amp

i think i might add 2 8s also. im not sure yet. but im happy with my system so far.
[/b]

nice system, i got my system hook up too,, but did it wit the factory deck... it sounds just as good as an after market.... where did you get you dash?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
ummm your dash don't match.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no, i don want your 12inch Solo-Baric. i'm happy with my system. its pretty hard.

but i was looking in to alpine subs... why are they so expencive?!!?

my deck and dash don't match?! wow... i thought it did.

well i guess my deck is lil bit darker.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh alright, thanks for the advice. its just that ive heard people saying alpines are top of the line.

which brand would you recomand?

·
Registered
470 Posts
If you want loud bass, that just bumps, Solo-Barics from Kicker. Nice round bass that actually hits every beat nice and smooth, JL Audio, I reccommend a W3v3 or higher. Dimond Audio makes really good subs as well if you can find some of those! I only reccommend those three besides any competition subs. See if you can find someone who sells them. I had three Resonant 8's wired to .5ohms, that hit more decibels then all three of those I reccommended to you. Only cause they're competition subs, they also costed me $$ though. MTX, ah, I had a couple, I only liked that fact they actually worked. Sony P's actually sound better and they're considered generic. The only MTX sub I've heard that was real good was a $2,000 competition sub they made and my friend installed it in his Tundra. I KNOW, it was good because he broke his back windshield THREE TIMES! Plus he has the only rear mount turbocharged Tundra in Hawaii, so yea.

To tell you the truth though, it's all in the bix anyways, so don't think for one second your subs don't bump good or sound good. A custom box by someone who actually knows how to make one could make your subs sound better than any other sub I mentioned, trust me!
[/b]
808 is right...

If you want nice subs go with JL my friend. I almost bought the solo baric L5 until I heard it. If all you want is SPL then I say go for it, its tough to match the SPL for cheap price of L5, but the SQ was sloppy as hell. IMO JL will give you a much better balance and some really good SQ subs. I still run 2 JL 10w0's from about 6 years ago and looking into a W7...They sound amazing...but with all these other mods I may be doing I might have to settle for a W3 :-(

I have only ever owned Alpine HU and have loved each one more than the next. Some of the best in the biz.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I only reccommend those three besides any competition subs. See if you can find someone who sells them. I had three Resonant 8's wired to .5ohms, that hit more decibels then all three of those I reccommended to you. Only cause they're competition subs, they also costed me $$ though. MTX, ah, I had a couple, I only liked that fact they actually worked. Sony P's actually sound better and they're considered generic. The only MTX sub I've heard that was real good was a $2,000 competition sub they made and my friend installed it in his Tundra. I KNOW, it was good because he broke his back windshield THREE TIMES! Plus he has the only rear mount turbocharged Tundra in Hawaii, so yea. [/b]
"Competition subs" doesn't mean anything, FWIW. I can compete with any sub I want in my car. Boss makes "competition subs". JL makes "competition subs". I'm coming out with a line of speakers tomorrow, and we're gonna have a "competition" line. You better look out, because it's "for competition only". :sarc:

Just that phrase annoys the shit out of me. It validates absolutely nothing and means absolutely nothing. :irate:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts