Mazda 6 Forums banner

Would you be interested in buying this mesh grille?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
dude your own custom template looks awesome to me. I would prefer a brushed AL but nevertheless your effort with this was awesome. I think we need to do what we can to help push aftermarket options for our sexy beasts. Best thing about our front bumper are the push pins are reusable, unlike most Ford makes and other brands. So even if we need to remove the front bumper it wouldn't take that long to do. Getting the cross bars removed would make the grill stand out a bit better I think.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there no way to remove the Mazda symbol at all? I havent had a chance to actually look at it, but every grill seems to keep teh hole, or the mazda symbol, why not a nice billet aluminum grill with the mazda symbol delete, that would look so boss!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Is there no way to remove the Mazda symbol at all? I havent had a chance to actually look at it, but every grill seems to keep teh hole, or the mazda symbol, why not a nice billet aluminum grill with the mazda symbol delete, that would look so boss!
I've not fiddled with it myself, it'll come down to whether or not the grill comes out and is replaceable by itself. Typically billet's are "inlay" type grilles, and because the M protrudes so far, there is no way to cover it in that fashion. It must be completely replaced. With the Nissan altima coupe, it was so bad that the entire bumper had to be replaced for a solution to a new grille.. so we'll see where it goes with these. I'm pretty happy with mine just blacked out for now, so I have no real reason to delve further into it lol.

·
Registered
747 Posts
This thought just came to me. what if we could "wrap" the cross bars with a mess look instead of removing the cross bars themselves. Not sure how playable the mesh would be and it would certainly starch the surface unless there was some sort of black felt. hmmmm photo shop anyone?

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
This thought just came to me. what if we could "wrap" the cross bars with a mess look instead of removing the cross bars themselves. Not sure how playable the mesh would be and it would certainly starch the surface unless there was some sort of black felt. hmmmm photo shop anyone?
That's doable, but it would be a PITA. Still, if you have the time...

You might be able to ask @Byakuya to shop one for you.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.