Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Will be based on 6's platform just like Ford 500.

And just like Mazda 6, both will have AWD variants.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Reading Topic: Mercury's version of Mazda 6

arhhh the grille is like a big smile! showing teeth~
:D

reminds me of this animation ... totoro's smile is the same as the grille hah~

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mercury's version of Mazda 6'

Originally posted by [email protected]

arhhh the grille is like a big smile! showing teeth~
:D

reminds me of this animation ... totoro's smile is the same as the grille hah~
[/b]
Tottoro!! I think you're thinking of the Cat Bus. What a great cartoon. Hey I don't suppose you know where I could find that on DVD do you?

Okay back on topic. My understanding is that the Ford 500 will be built on a different platform from the 6. It's supposed to be quite a large car, and I thought RWD as well. As for this artist conception: it's got some good things going for it. What is with the low roof lines lately? The front (very square and masculine) doesn't go very well with the profile (very rounded, almost Audi TT like).

Edit: found a pic of the catbus! Yatta!

·
Registered
5 Posts

This isn't the Mercury sedan based on the 6 platform. The Montego is based on the Ford 500/Freestyle platform which is a cheaper version of the Volvo S80/S60/XC90 platform. The Mercury 6 car hasn't been introduced yet.

The Montego/500 will be front wheel drive with AWD available.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Since this thread is about the Mercury and not really the '6, I'm gonna whisk it off to "other cars".

·
Registered
980 Posts

Originally posted by Xtrema

Will be based on 6's platform just like Ford 500.

And just like Mazda 6, both will have AWD variants.[/b]
I like everything but the grille...I think its way too big. I didnt know that the 6 comes with AWD?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Originally posted by chindo

I like everything but the grille...I think its way too big.  I didnt know that the 6 comes with AWD?[/b]
It doesn't....yet at least... <evil smile>

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Not there yet either. Mazda mentioned something about maybe offering it in the future. Hopefully it'll be the near future

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

It is available...you're on the wrong track, dude.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Yeah AWD Wagon has been here for a while... It costs about 300 000 swedish crowns though... A 2.3 Sport FWD wagon costs around 230 000.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Oh yeah.. I forgot about the wagon.. my bad. Ignorance is bliss I guess. Now I'm depressed. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
464 Posts

its real nice in concept but knowing Mercury's reputation they will dull it down until its boring and becomes a rental car.... :)

·
Registered
158 Posts

Originally posted by dky

This isn't the Mercury sedan based on the 6 platform.  The Montego is based on the Ford 500/Freestyle platform which is a cheaper version of the Volvo S80/S60/XC90 platform.  The Mercury 6 car hasn't been introduced yet.[/b]
The next gen Taurus/Sable based off the Mazda6 is currently slated for 2006. No prototypes have been started yet.

·
Registered
32 Posts

I have nothing to say about the car other than that's an ass-ugly set of rims and the grille looks more gaudy and CCV (cheap, common, vulgar) than a Daewoo Leganza's.

I do want to say that Totoro is the most heart-felt, most touching, most accurate, most honest and best depiction of childhood ever put to film. It's a true masterpiece.

All hail this guy:

...and all the movies he and his studio make. I've got every single one on Reg 2 dvd.

·
Registered
980 Posts

Originally posted by Blackbird

Yeah AWD Wagon has been here for a while... It costs about 300 000 swedish crowns though... A 2.3 Sport FWD wagon costs around 230 000.[/b]
How much is that in terms of US dollars?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts