·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Reading Topic: Mercury Messenger

Hmmm. Very reminiscent of a late 60's Corvette Stingray. What's with all the retro from Ford these days? Between the Mustang, the 427, and this you would think they didn't have an original idea left at Ford's design shop. Not that these three cars aren't appealing or well done; they are (IMHO). But come on folks, concept cars are supposed to show the future!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Given the current crap design most new vehicles have, I think retro is a good idea!

I would like to see someone come out with something new and unique that is classic! I haven't seen that in a long time.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

We had another thread on this car a while back I remember. It reminds me a little of an Aston Martin design.

Neither one of those links worked for me.. so forgive me if the pics I'm posting here are found on one of those links..

Kenoka's right, it does look a little StingRayish too.

Sorry 56k people..

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

I saw this car at the Detroit Auto show, and I have one thing to say. You cannot imagine either the size, or the shininess of those rims unless you see the car in person.

The presenter, who was much better looking than this car, said that this was basically a technology showcase for Ford, and wasn't really meant to be an indication of future styling...

Edit:

My bad, it was that horrible Lincoln that was the tech showcase, this thing is just awesome. The comment about the wheels stands, though, they're HUGE.

·
Registered
5 Posts

The Messanger was introduced to let everyone know that Mercury is here to stay (hence the name). Supposedly future Mercs will use some similar design cues.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

I actually like the styling (based on the pictures posted, I had problems with the links as well).

·
Registered
212 Posts

This almost looks like Mercury's version of the '05 Mustang. Perhaps the next Cougar? Either way, I like it - very bold and interesting design with retro cues.

·
Registered
980 Posts

I am gonna have to pass on this car, I think its ugly. It looks like a mix of Aston Martin with the new Mustang. As far the general trend in styling now, I dont like it neither. Sports cars just dont look like sports cars now, they seem too boxy. And yes it does look like a hot wheels car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts