Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home from my Memorial Day weekend trip I hit a deer and damaged the left side of my front fender which also damaged the left foglight.

This is a brand new vehicle, Bright Island blue colored Sport model 06 5 door hatchback. What is the most cost effective way I can have this vehicle fixed??

I considered getting an aftermarket part to have put on this but have no idea where I can find these and possibly replace my front fender/bumper with something even sportier. The only problem is the brand new color Bright Island Blue... probably not too many of these around.

Up for any suggestions thanks!

·
Registered
979 Posts
YOu will have a hard time finding one other than a dealer... Doesn't your insurance cover it? There are lots of body kits you can get out there and they will probably be able to match the color...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YOu will have a hard time finding one other than a dealer... Doesn't your insurance cover it? There are lots of body kits you can get out there and they will probably be able to match the color...
[/b]

Yes insurance will cover it my deductable is 1000, just lookin to see if theres a body kit I can get for less than 1k that can match the color... just looking for ideas I guess, also where can I find these body kits I couldn't find any websites that had them.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
the color isnt gonna be a problem. no body kits or bumpers come prepainted. just get anyone that you want and have it painted to match

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the color isnt gonna be a problem. no body kits or bumpers come prepainted. just get anyone that you want and have it painted to match
[/b]

Okay cool any suggestions on where I can get a body kit for the specific car I have?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
right now there is nothing but OEM out for the 06 models. you can contact board sponsor Accolade, they might have something in the works. their website is www.body-kit.com

But then again i am not sure that older kits wouldnt fit on the 06, i am not sure about that, i will let someone else chime in on that

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
right now there is nothing but OEM out for the 06 models. you can contact board sponsor Accolade, they might have something in the works. their website is www.body-kit.com

But then again i am not sure that older kits wouldnt fit on the 06, i am not sure about that, i will let someone else chime in on that
[/b]

Thanks very much for the help!

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
We have a few kits available as well, many to choose from. Whatever you like is what I prefer.

Color matching shouldn't be a problem for a paint shop, since the paint is brand new, it shoud match rather well.

I would try to make this a side job with a shop, offer to pay cash. Two thing result, you pay less overall, and also may be able to keep the title of the car clean/clear.

Fenders, only aftermarket ones I know of are Andy's, www.andysautosport.com

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
an accident such as a run in with a deer will not affect the "clean" title of a car. deer run ins will not result in any sort of insurance price increase. how do i know? check back a few months when i nailed one myself

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Your comprehensive deductible is $1000?!?

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I was wondering about this myself. I hit a deer with my last car, but ironically enough I only ended up knocking the deer down. I was coming around a blind corner and the deer was in the road, but there was no damage to my car so I didn't have to get insurance involved. Deer can definitely mess a car up badly though. So it's considered a comprehensive claim?

I know MD state law says your insurance won't go up, and most comp deductibles are 250 or 500. You also might think about lowering your deductible, it doesn't cost that much more per month on the premium vs. coming up with a grand if you do have an accident.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Any collision with wildlife is considered to be an Act of God, like a storm. Therefore, it's part of your comprehensive coverage. I have never seen an insurance company cover differently, and where I grew up, deer are a leading cause of accidents.

I kept my comprehensive deductible at $100, as the price difference was almost nothing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
MZBuckeye
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing