Mazda 6 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 514 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
19x8 +45mm, Konig Trouble
235/35-19 Hankook Ventus V4 ES H105
Fender rolled of course.

I am borrowing these wheels from another member Blue6 until me gets his car back from the body shop so I thought I'd post some pictures.

I am still driving on the stock wheels and tires, and I have a set of RX-7 wheels for autoX with R-comps. Pictured below on Zoomzoomfan's 1991 MX6 GT which we fully rebuilt from the ground up over the winter.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
OEM 16x7.5" RX8 wheels +50 offset
Hankook Ventus RS2 Z212 Tires 225/50/16
Stock Suspension
No problems with rubbing

Pictures:

M

·
0 Posts
Hi all, my first post! :D

Here are some pics of an Aussie 6 Limited (bottom of the range here - 2.3l MZR engine) fitted with:

Simmons Alta 17 x 7.5" 3 piece alloys ET 45mm with Bridgestone RE050 215/45R17 tyres.

They're made in Australia, but are exported all over the world. See http://www.simmonswheel.com.au/ .

It's standard height and has no rubbing- yes it would look better lower. Excellent thread BTW. :drive:

(Sorry, it's also very dirty in those pics, I need to take some more....)

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Liquid Platinum MazdaSpeed6 with RX8 wheels and 235/40 General Exclaim UHP tires. Stock suspension. Fender lips rolled before install as precaution; no rubbing so far. Saved almost 5lbs per corner, partly due to tires. The Generals are quite a bit lighter than competing tires.

Stock MS6 18x7 wheel and 215/45Bridgestone RE050 tire combo weighs 47.6lbs on my digital bathroom scale. I didn't weigh my wheels as the tires were mounted but others say the MS6 wheel weighs about 23lbs, putting the Bridgestone 215/45 at 24.5lbs, which is close to spec of 24lbs on TireRack's website.

RX8 18x8 wheel weighed 21.5lbs on my dig bathroom scale. After Generals were mounted the combo weighed 42.8lbs on the same scale, so the tires weighed just over 21lbs, which is what they're spec'd at on TireRack's website. Nice weight savings overall.

Left side view:

View along passenger side, showing position of tire to fender:

Right front:

Rear view (notice badge is gone):

Position of tire to fender from rear:

Impressions?
Both my wife and I disliked the MS6 wheel so the RX8 wheel is a big improvement visually. The larger tire fills out the fender nicely and gives the car a "broader shoulder" look. The tires sit just about right, almost but not quite to the edge of the fender. The car just looks better, more muscular and assertive. The design of the RX8 wheel almost makes them look like 19s on the car, when visually compared to the stock 18" wheel.

I haven't put a lot of miles on them yet (about 400kms) but I'm quite impressed so far. The car feels slightly less "tipsy" now, probably due to the increase in track width. The tires are quiet and smooth, and ride very well. Turn in is just a bit less crisp than the RE050 but not enough to cause any issues for my driving needs. Plenty of grip but again feel just a bit less "sticky" than the RE050, but I think overall grip is close due to increase in tread width, but I've yet to slide either tire. Keep in mind the RE050 has a treadwear rating of 140, and people are finding the need replacing around 15k - 20k. The Generals are 380 so should last a lot longer than the RE050. In the short time I had the RE050 I was finding little chunks of rubber "pilling" up, like a racing tire.

Haven't experienced the tire in the real rain yet, but we did have some showers a week ago and the tires gripped like it was dry.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
RIMS: Fast Wheels www.fastwheels.ca
Style: Tremor
Size: 18x7.5
Offset +45
Tires: Kumho 711 225/40/18
Springs: Eibach Pro Kit
Rolled Fenders: Yes

wheels are +45 offset. they rubbed slightly before rolling (only if it was a REALLY harsh bump or when there was weight in the back)
i havent had anyone in the back since i rolled the fenders but have had zero rubbing even on the harshest roads

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey, mine look nearly identical to Balhar's (except for the colour)!

Wheels:
ALT Sonix
18" x 7.5"
+42 mm offset

Tires:
Kumho ECSTA SPT
225/40/18

Springs:
TEIN H-Tech

Fenders:
Rolled completely, no rubbing to report of!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Here are mine:

18x7.5 ADR M-SPORTS in Hyperblack

Kumho Supra 712s 225/40/18 92load index

W/ 2 people in car, no rubbing at all...

W/ 5 people and trunk FULL w/ junk, It is FRIGGEN CLOSE! I didn't even enjoy the drive because I was worried so much about rubbing on a turn or bump! (But it didn't rub once)

I plan to roll the fenders soon, (if I can find a decent shop or just rent a tool)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
17 x 7 O.E. Mazda 6 Mags Chromed and weigh in at exactly 22 lbs (just 0.9 lbs more than the Silvers) !

Since it's all original size specs with the mag and on O.E. Michelin Pilot tire size 215/50/17 as well ; you won't get any size/offset issues such as with the car's speedometer misreading or wheel-well rubbing (roll the fenders thing) .

I just love the O.E. design a la Porshe 911 somewhat !
Why change a perfectly beautiful matched mag that goes so well with our 6 , except with more SHINE !

As you know very well as with yours equally , pics don't render 'em justice .

Now with MAZDASPEED stickered over Red paintbrushed calipers

More complete car pics and whole story details here :
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=50426

with latest mods - unsettled MS springs , VHT NightShades , BMW LED fender flashers , & stickered
[attachment=25710:IMG_5248.JPG] [attachment=25711:IMG_5257.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
RX-8 wheels with BFG's 235/40/18 tires on autoEXE low down springs. I rubbed so the fenders have been rolled.

Attachments

·
Registered
795 Posts
5zigen FNO1RC Hyperblack 18x7.5 +43 offset
225/40 Kumho ecsta spt
fenders rolled no rubbing

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Springs: Tanabe NF210
Wheels: Kazera KZ-V, Light Gray, 17x7, 50 offset, 17.2 lbs from Tire Rack
Tires: Falken Ziex ZE-512 215/50/17

[attachmentid=16509][attachmentid=16510][attachmentid=16511][attachmentid=16512][attachmentid=16513]

Attachments

121 - 140 of 514 Posts