Mazda 6 Forums banner

481 - 500 of 514 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I shaved the rear of my wheels .. changed my Offset from 40et -to- 44.75et
..now I have no rubbing issues at all... =0)

·
Registered
94 Posts
this is the second set of wheels i've had shaved.

nothing wrong with it, as long as it's done by a experienced machine shop that has a history w/ it.

the deadmau5 stickers are old.. just haven't removed them...

·
Registered
772 Posts
TR Motorsports C2 18x8 grey finish +48mm
Toyo Proxes Plus 4 235/40R18
5mm spacers
Autoexe springs

Serious undrivable rubbing without roll; still rubs lightly with roll under hard acceleration. 5mm spacers came off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello fellas, these are the wheels on my 6...

18x7.5 Katana KR-10 +42 offset
tires are Falken Ziex 225/40/ZR18
lowered on Tein S-tech springs and Sen-Sen shocks.

not bad considering I managed to score the wheels, tires, shocks/struts and springs for 970 bucks total!! had my in-law(mechanic at a dodge dealership) install it all for the price of lunch at a local burger shop. :)

Fenders not rolled or pulled..
No Rubbing at all even when I have a full trunk and all 5 seats taken up.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Gold XXR 530
18x8.75 +33 on 215/45/18
Megan Racing Springs + OEM shocks.
Fenders rolled...still rubs on big dips, probably because my original shocks are a bit bouncy and need to be replaced.

Rear

Front

·
Registered
1 Posts
RX8 18's powder coated Pebble Ash

I was pretty happy with the way these turned out!
Found a pretty good deal on some scuffed up RX-8 Wheels at a salvage yard and smoothed them out and sent them off to get powder coated to match the car (very hard color to match) The wheels even change colors in different lighting just like the car. :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
That looks sick! have any daytime pics?
thank you sir. i do somewhere.. i need to take new ones anyway (this was taken last winter). i don't have my badgeless grill on here (took it off to re-touch it).. haha. i'll be sure to post it once i find it.. they're somewhere in one of my folders. oh, and they're gunmetal wheels btw incase you couldn't tell. lol. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
SSR GTV03

18x7.5 +48
Phantom Silver
Weight: 21.65 lbs (not official from manufacturer - weighed on scale at Touge Factory who knows how accurate)

215/45
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3

No roll on the fenders
Have had 3 adults in the back with no rubbing
Stock 4x4 suspension (will have to work on that)

Close up of the wheel when I took it out of the box

·
Registered
42 Posts
XXR 531 18x8.5 +35 offset Plasti dipped green lip Nitto Motivos 225/40R18
Dropped on Teins SS coilovers.
Rolled rear fenders.
Rubs in the back while going over big dips/bumps going +40mph and/or with heavy passengers in the back 2+ no rubs in the front... I might need to roll rear fenders flat maybe pull a little or set more negative camber... hmm. :cool:

2014-08-12 20.35.34.jpg

2014-09-17 09.07.04.jpg

·
Registered
698 Posts
XXR 531 18x8.5 +35 offset Plasti dipped green lip Nitto Motivos 225/40R18
Dropped on Teins SS coilovers.
Rolled rear fenders.
Rubs in the back while going over big dips/bumps going +40mph and/or with heavy passengers in the back 2+ no rubs in the front... I might need to roll rear fenders flat maybe pull a little or set more negative camber... hmm. :cool:

View attachment 129721

View attachment 129729
I have the same model of tires except mine are 19"s. 245 35 R19. I had to roll my rear fenders a tad. In fact, I did it the cheapo way with a heat gun and a baseball bat. No bad camber needed.

Those tires are great aren't they?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the same model of tires except mine are 19"s. 245 35 R19. I had to roll my rear fenders a tad. In fact, I did it the cheapo way with a heat gun and a baseball bat. No bad camber needed.

Those tires are great aren't they?

Dang! are you rubbing with that setup?... and yes those tires are awesome, I love them more than the ones i had before Continental DWS.

481 - 500 of 514 Posts