Mazda 6 Forums banner

361 - 380 of 514 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
2007 Mazda 6i

Suspension: Tein H with KYBs .... installed solo with a scissor jack and a socket set. Air tools and floor jacks are still in storage after coming back from overseas.

Wheels/Tires: First pic: 18x7.5 ADR Intense +48 with 215/35/18s .... tires were way way way too short (Wheels are for sale).
Second pics: Drag DR-19 +42 with 225/40/18s .... lips getting powder coated next week

Rubbing: Yes in the rear under heavy loads and cornering hard .... fenders getting rolled next week.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Sold my WORK Varianza T1S's and ordered these.....

19 X 8 WORK "Shcwert" SC1 w/optional red center caps
built to spec +42 low disk silver face, polished barrel.
Still on the same suspension set-up, and yes it's still rolled, and slightly pulled.
Bought new red capped spline drive lug nuts to match.....

·
Registered
158 Posts
QUOTE (Bigbaddad @ Aug 3 2009, 10:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1588493
Sold my WORK Varianza T1S's and ordered these.....

19 X 8 WORK "Shcwert" SC1 w/optional red center caps
built to spec +42 low disk silver face, polished barrel.
Still on the same suspension set-up, and yes it's still rolled, and slightly pulled.
Bought new red capped spline drive lug nuts to match.....

[/b]

more pics please

·
Registered
168 Posts
QUOTE (Biohazardinc @ Apr 13 2009, 02:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1546607
Wheels: Nex-O TS-10 18x7.5 +45 offset
Tires: 225/45/18
Springs: Stock
Fenders: Yet to be rolled
Rubbing: Tons... Hopefully rolled in the next week...

<div align='center'>
[/b][/quote]

I wanted those so f'n bad when I was wheel shopping! I am JEALOUS!

Went away from them because I didn't want to roll my fenders......bought RX8's, had them PC'd, and had to roll the damn fenders anyway! :swearin:

·
Registered
396 Posts
QUOTE (rookie22601 @ Aug 2 2009, 08:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1588097
2007 Mazda 6i

Suspension: Tein H with KYBs .... installed solo with a scissor jack and a socket set. Air tools and floor jacks are still in storage after coming back from overseas.

Wheels/Tires: First pic: 18x7.5 ADR Intense +48 with 215/35/18s .... tires were way way way too short (Wheels are for sale).
Second pics: Drag DR-19 +42 with 225/40/18s .... lips getting powder coated next week

Rubbing: Yes in the rear under heavy loads and cornering hard .... fenders getting rolled next week.

[/b]
where in va are you located?

·
Registered
619 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ok, so I need winter tires on steel rims, I found a good deal on some winters from a Ford Fusion..

Our stock 16" steel rims"

Size: 16X6.5
Offset: 55mm
Backspacing: 5.90"
Bolt Pattern: 5-114
Rec. Tire Size:205/60-16

Stock Ford Fusion 16"

Size: 16X6.5
Offset: +42mm
Backspacing: 5.43"
Bolt Pattern: 5-114
Rec. Tire Size:205/60-16

I see plenty of people in here with +42 offset wheels, but not sure about the backspacing

·
Registered
898 Posts
It's not the backspacing you should worry about. With rim width (6.5) being equal, From 55 to 42, you'll have 13mm of extra backspacing, so no worries there.

What you should worry about, however, is rubbing. Despite the fact that they will physically fit on the 6, the Fusion's wheels will stick out 13mm more than Mazda's OE steel wheels in relation to the wheel wells and fenders. And with the inherent sidewall "bulge" of the 205/60 tire size, you will run the risk of rubbing.

Another thing you should consider is center bore. I haven't made actual measurements, but from what I saw, when I considered buying a set of Milan (same as Fusion) wheels to use on my old 6, the center bore appeared to be significantly bigger than that of the 6 (67.1mm).

So it might not be that good of a deal after all. Should you actually go for the Fusion's wheels (with rubbing issues notwithstanding), you'll need to spend extra money on buying (or even fabricating) centering rings. And those are especially tricky to use with steel wheels.

Another issue. With such as "extreme" offset as that of the Fusion's wheels (as compared to the 6), there will be abnormal stress on the lower ball joints. To put it as simply as possible, road forces will load the ball joints a bit sideways, causing them to be stressed more to one side instead of being loaded equally. I once used wheels with a 40mm offset, and had to change the lower ball joints (entire control arms, actually) twice in 10,000 kilometers! Not good!

·
Registered
18 Posts
QUOTE (Six-wheeler @ Sep 18 2009, 03:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1601992
It's not the backspacing you should worry about. With rim width (6.5) being equal, From 55 to 42, you'll have 13mm of extra backspacing, so no worries there.

What you should worry about, however, is rubbing. Despite the fact that they will physically fit on the 6, the Fusion's wheels will stick out 13mm more than Mazda's OE steel wheels in relation to the wheel wells and fenders. And with the inherent sidewall "bulge" of the 205/60 tire size, you will run the risk of rubbing.

Another thing you should consider is center bore. I haven't made actual measurements, but from what I saw, when I considered buying a set of Milan (same as Fusion) wheels to use on my old 6, the center bore appeared to be significantly bigger than that of the 6 (67.1mm).

So it might not be that good of a deal after all. Should you actually go for the Fusion's wheels (with rubbing issues notwithstanding), you'll need to spend extra money on buying (or even fabricating) centering rings. And those are especially tricky to use with steel wheels.

Another issue. With such as "extreme" offset as that of the Fusion's wheels (as compared to the 6), there will be abnormal stress on the lower ball joints. To put it as simply as possible, road forces will load the ball joints a bit sideways, causing them to be stressed more to one side instead of being loaded equally. I once used wheels with a 40mm offset, and had to change the lower ball joints (entire control arms, actually) twice in 10,000 kilometers! Not good![/b]

Thanks for the awesome response, time to keep on looking!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Divinity D-66 18x7.5 +40
Nankang NS-II 215/40/18
Lowered on Mazdaspeed Springs (not fully settled)
No rubbing as of yet..

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hard to tell much from that picture, aside from the tire not really being wide enough for the rim, and your ride height being accentuated by the aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
11 Posts
yeah i know but li like the look and the ride is ok. i added some pic. im new to this forum so dont know how to post a descent image still having problem in sizing up the image...

·
Banned
23 Posts
car DVD player online store

7 inch monitor touch High Definition (HD) screen Mazda 3 Car DVD Player with GPS Navigation System Bluetooth TV

Product Description:
7 inch monitor touch screen double-Din complete car entertainment system
Compatible with DivX,MP4,MP3,multiple regions DVD, VCD, CD and CD-R/CD-RW
Built-in GPS function and Bluetooth for hands free call (play CD/DVD/FM while watching GPS navigation image)
Keys with touch sensor
OSD menu with graphical user interface
USB port and SD slots
Built in TV tuner,PAL/NTSC or SECAM compatible
Built in FM/AM tuner,OS: WIndows CE 5.0
Warranty:One year

car DVD player online store

361 - 380 of 514 Posts
About this Discussion
513 Replies
396 Participants
audiofreak19
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing