Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Buy a porter cable....much better
[/b]
PC are much more expensive isn't ? and where can u get one here? do they sell them in can tire?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
PC is recommended the best polisher in the market....

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
The Meguiars polisher is made by Porter Cable. I believe it's just a re-badged PC7424. It comes with a backing plate and polishing pad and I think it carries a 5-year warranty through Meguiar's. It's kinda steeply priced for what you get. Most Lowe's stores carry a similar model, the PC7336SP. It comes with a basic backing plate and pad and only has a one-year warranty, but it only costs $110. For about $190 you can buy both the Lowe's version, which has a larger counterweight and runs smoother, and all the pads you'll need. Or www.autogeek.net sells this KIT that includes the polisher itself and the backing plate/pads. The kit also includes 2 microfiber towels and a packet of pad cleaner. As another option, there is this BUNDLE which includes an array of Pinnacle polishes and waxes.This is a better value that the Meguiar's unit. I wouldn't worry about the shorter warranty as the PC is a very durable machine. Mine has worked flawlessly for over 2 years and it gets a lot of use. The "PC" is a great investment for the avid care-care enthusiast. It will allow you to polish out most mild to moderate paint defects and swirls and aids in application/removal of waxes and sealants.

The choice is yours, but I would recommend going with the AutoGeek bundle for the best value and a one-stop shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
CLaman
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing