Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most people in this site have gone this agony thru already OR are gonna go it thru soon enough. I am living it right now! :(

It really feels like you need medication when the feeling comes... You have waited 4 months or so for your new MAZDA6, everything has gone fine by then... BUT then comes the last 2-3 weeks, and the bitch is out! And once it gets out, there is no way to get it back in your head... You just can't wait more!

When you are at this point and you are a person with a internet connection you end up going around the net looking more medication... And just like I did, usually end up HERE! :p

That's what happened to me a week ago... And now I am here checking every inch of information about M6 etc. And I bet I am not the only one around???

What about those who have gone thru this??? Any around there (Steve?); any good medication for us miserable ones still out here without our Mazda6/Atenza, but desparately waiting!

Personally I can tell a short bit of my story. After four or so months from ordering, the car dealer said that my car is on the next ship from Japan! And it should be here in two weeks... Some days after that I might get the car, if I'm lucky...

Right now I have to drive MAZDA PREMACY :sarc ... Car dealers around here are atleast so fair that if their "promised arrival date" is not met they will arrange you some kind of "wheels"... But Premacy??? That will only increase my agony! I got the car yesterday, didn't know what to expect since I have never tested this model... But it is a real HORROR! Especially when I still have in my mind the experience from M6 test drives I had... phew...

So about 18 more days I have to survive out here without the 6, and a Premacy is all that I have to substitute it... A real sad story :sarc (for anyone who doesn't know premacy, it is Mazda's try for a family car with lots of room and a VERY CHEAP PRICE TAG on it). Surprisingly enough it comes with TCS/DSC - so what? The feel you have when you are in wheel is really terrible... Now even that bad experience from BMW 3-series cars I had is well passed.

So what for medication? Any good hints for miserable souls like me? ;)

Maybe a good chat about M6 would help... But it seems so quiet here... Oh well... I will try to get to sleep now... I wish I could take a few weeks 'winter sleep' and come back alive when car dealer calls me with the good news. :D

:zzz :zzz

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Replying to Topic 'Medication needed!'

Answering myself... nuts?

Not really, I just noticed that there is (?) new order in the forums!?

Cool, now it is easier to find the topics you like (and this means that there is more traffic and chat to read, since I missed the renovation). This will give some first aid for now. :D

But go ahead, and tell how are others doing with their waiting?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

I don't think you're alone Javah :) It seems like over the past couple of days our membership has significantly increased. Just earlier today it was like 240...now, just a few hours later, it's at 260. Last Friday I think we had only 200 members. They're probably all looking for the same medication you are :D. And Javah.. don't go looking to Steve for any help with your problem, he's real good at reminding the rest of us who don't have our 6's that....well....we don't have our 6's and he does :D :D Bad Steve!

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

1. Pick at least 5 dealers in your local area.
2. Visit each dealer one by one. But only one dealer per day. That way none of them will find out that you actually see this car every day. "Examine" the M6 as if it was yours. :D
3. Do this every single week.
4. Download lots of pictures of the M6 on your hard drive. So you will have one handy, just in case you forget how good it looks ;)
5. If it's really getting worse...go to a dealer where you have never been before and take a "test drive". That will do the job to stop you from suffering :D

IT'S THAT EASY!

Those sad words from a guy who still has to wait 5-7 months...poor me...sniff...

·
Registered
167 Posts

I can assure you that you're not alone. I haven't even ordered mine yet :( But the financing is in the works, and when it's through, I will place my order! Too bad I won't have it until February, at the earliest! :(

In the meantime, I will just have to keep looking at the brochures and browsing this forum and the whole Internet for Mazda6 infos and images ;)

Peter

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

don't go looking to Steve for any help with your problem, he's real good at reminding the rest of us who don't have our 6's that....well....we don't have our 6's and he does   Bad Steve![/b]
Indeed, I have noticed this... :D
Steve, so naughty... I believe I will have numbers on my side. :p

But after 3 more weeks, and I might be there with Steve... And who knows what will come out of ME? :D

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Those sad words from a guy who still has to wait 5-7 months...poor me...sniff...[/b]
It is not the first 5 months, it is the last one... Said some wise old man once or twice?

Anyways, thanks for the COOL TIPS! They will be great for many people out there.

I might do that if there was any Mazda dealers close by who wouldn't know me by now ;)... Atleast the closest one is definately out in this count (the one where I ordered mine). But the other places might still have some sales people who don't remember me, or have forgotten me...

And good luck for your waitin Driver, I will promise (fingers crossed?) that I won't be coming on your face after I get my M6 :D

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I guess Peter knows that since the M6 was success, the factory is working already with the limits... And it will make extra delays (making already)...

So, to loan Joey (from Friends): "God, WHY GOD, why do you do this to us!??". :D

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by reward72

I have some pretty strong medication: my very own 2000 Miata...  hehehe[/b]

Where can I get a perscription for that?

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

And good luck for your waitin Driver, I will promise (fingers crossed?) that I won't be coming on your face after I get my M6[/b]
Yeah, right...fingers crossed and you hope to die. :p

In that case, do I inherit your Mazda6 then? :D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by AliAL

I don't think you're alone Javah :) It seems like over the past couple of days our membership has significantly increased.  Just earlier today it was like 240...now, just a few hours later, it's at 260.  Last Friday I think we had only 200 members.  They're probably all looking for the same medication you are :D.  And Javah.. don't go looking to Steve for any help with your problem, he's real good at reminding the rest of us who don't have our 6's that....well....we don't have our 6's and he does :D :D  Bad Steve![/b]
Well, I just simply don't want you to forget!:D

·
Registered
322 Posts

*snicker* and here comes another bedraggled medication-seeker... 1 week, 168 painful hours, 10080 minutes, 604800 seconds... argh it's too long!

can't wait to get my hands on my luxury '6 ... first new car I'll have owned

I just can't get rid of the jitters, even after reading 120+ of the threads on this site (plus all the pictures) in the last day and a half I'm still unable to find enough medication

it's even hard to concentrate at work despite the looming two week deadline for the software I'm developing atm :p

oh well

*vent*

-- rainchild

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

I would use the time to plan/map out your mods and upgrades, find cheap prices for things you need, such as paint protection, stereo, wheels, tires other personalization things....that way your ready to roll once the car is in your hands.

·
Registered
137 Posts

Originally posted by Driver6

2. Visit each dealer one by one. But only one dealer per day. That way none of them will find out that you actually see this car every day. "Examine" the M6 as if it was yours. :D  
4. Download lots of pictures of the M6 on your hard drive. So you will have one handy, just in case you forget how good it looks ;)  
5. If it's really getting worse...go to a dealer where you have never been before and take a "test drive". That will do the job to stop you from suffering :D  

IT'S THAT EASY!

Those sad words from a guy who still has to wait 5-7 months...poor me...sniff...[/b]
Hahaha, for a while there, i think you've followed me the last two weeks.
I had a behavior described in your 5 lines! hehehe

·
Registered
158 Posts

Medication? I drive an '89 626! It's enough to keep me sedate while I wait for my 6. Weather has been kind of crappy around here lately, so I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the 6 anyway.

The last I spoke with the dealership my 6 _should_ arrive in late January or early February. Then again, they thought I'd have it already, so it's hard to say. The upside is that I'll be able to make a much larger down payment, so that's always a good thing.

·
Registered
146 Posts

I am dying, mine was due last week before the holiday. This week we have New Years and I got no call today so at best it will be the end of this week. The clock suddenly seems to move very slowly....

·
Registered
96 Posts

Originally posted by Driver6
5. If it's really getting worse...go to a dealer where you have never been before and take a "test drive". That will do the job to stop you from suffering :D  [/b]
I've tried this yes! But with only 6 days to go it doesn't help anymore!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Medication needed!'

So, Javah!

Where did you go?

I'm on a quest to lure you lost children back in here!

How's the 6?
Why did you desert us?

:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts