Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I havea semi-quick question. I put in a XM Roady receiver in the car, and right now it's just running through the FM modulator (which sucks, BTW). I read all about the Auxmod installs, but I am wondering if the 2006 head units are different? What does the media button do on these? Is there an input built in to these radios? Or do I need the Auxmod?

OK, that was more than one question. :D

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
the Media button supports the PhatNoise and allows control through the stock HU.

there are several options for aux input, like the AudioLink or Auxmod.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Howdy, I havea semi-quick question. I put in a XM Roady receiver in the car, and right now it's just running through the FM modulator (which sucks, BTW). I read all about the Auxmod installs, but I am wondering if the 2006 head units are different? What does the media button do on these? Is there an input built in to these radios? Or do I need the Auxmod?

OK, that was more than one question. :D
[/b]
Get the auxmod. It's the simplest, cheapest way to hook up an aftermarket satellite radio to your HU.

Here's where the auxmod plugs into the bottom of the HU:

I installed a GLI from Radio Shack, which has the RCA-3.5mm minijack connector that's plugged in here:

This shows all of the various wires behind the HU:

How I routed the antenna, power, and audio through to the XM:

Final installation:

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have an Auxmod in my 06 MS6, the media button puts it in "Tape Play" mode and uses the Auxmod input.

edit: I think you mean MS6 and not MSP. MSP = Mazdaspeed Protege

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i hadn't noticed that between my '04 M6s to the '06 MS6 the TAPE button was replaced with MEDIA.

i looked at the PhatNoise, but it's just not worth the investment. i went with the AL-USB, works great.

·
Registered
39 Posts
.for about 29 bucks you can get the direct xm fm adaptor that plugs physically through the antenna plugs behind the deck or at driver side lower kick panel which clears up the fm static and phasing. You can get one through xm or best buy. i use them at work allot but if you can go aux in like iXPLORx4 shows, it would be much better

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ok... so I am confused on this one.

Does the AUXMOD use the Media input OR the Sat input? I have the factory Sirius tuner but I am looking for an Aux-In for my iPod. I am trying to avoid a FM Modulator and I am not willing to lose my Sirius tuner. I have seen aux-in's for the Sat input... it seems like someone could make something to use the Media input as well.

Thanks.

Allan

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Ok... so I am confused on this one.

Does the AUXMOD use the Media input OR the Sat input? I have the factory Sirius tuner but I am looking for an Aux-In for my iPod. I am trying to avoid a FM Modulator and I am not willing to lose my Sirius tuner. I have seen aux-in's for the Sat input... it seems like someone could make something to use the Media input as well.

Thanks.

Allan
[/b]
if you use the AUXMOD is uses the MEDIA button, if you go with the Audio-Link it uses the CD button (hit twice). the Audio-Link is seen as an external CD changer. i orginally used the $30 XM FM modulator, the sound was down right poopie. the Audio-Link sound quality is much better, albeit perhaps not worth the additional $90. it's all a matter of what quality you are willing to pay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
mk706
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing