Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Mazda have their gazillian page repair manual for the '6 yet? Price?

=====

Because, in particular, I'm trying to figure out how to take off the door panels. Here's how far I've gotten:

The tweeter assembly pulls out. There are two metal pressure tabs that hold it on. Just pull.

The door handles have a screw that removes the handle/lock assembly.

Got nervous tugging on the power window assembly.

The light at the bottom of the door comes out, revealing a screw.

I popped at least four pressure tabs- two on the left side of the door and two on the right. It feels like there may be many of these around the perimeter of the door, but these are the only four I could feel pop out of their sockets.

The door was not even close to coming off after this, and I was tugging on it much harder than I was comfortable.

Any ideas? If the repair manual is out, I'm just going to buy that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Reading Topic: Mechanic's book?

there is a hiden screw Under the soft bad that resides at the bottom of where you pull the door- from the inside! (that's the best english i could come up with!)
you just bull that pad it's re-sealable! and you'll see it

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Perhaps because it was cold outside the anchors weren't pulling out as easily as they should. I was really pulling hard on the top and bottom of the door with no luck- only the sides seemed to 'pop', but the door was still so solidly attatched that it didn't matter..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mechanic's book?'

Did you find the screw?

It's in the bottom of the hand well, under the soft liner which youll have to actually tear up!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks for the picture! I haven't had time to look at it yet, but I'll let you know.

·
Registered
44 Posts

Please do, and more importantly let us know about how your speaker/Audio system upgrade is going

I went ahead and ordered infinity's Kapa 5X7 speakers they have a 90 dB sensitivety and 40-21000Hz FR i hope i'll be able to solve the Bass issue with this speaker!
:)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

Definitely keep us in the loop. I've ordered an RF 1500bd amp and two RF HX2 12"s for my sealed box. I'm planning on running them in parallel, placing a 2 ohm load on the amp and pushing my output to 2000W or more. All this will overload the factory speakers of course, so I want to replace them all and push them with an RF 200.4. Since the factory HU seems impossible to get around because of the custom faceplate, I'll just take the high res line inputs and hook them in series with the factory outs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts