Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
That looks tasty. Never done the Brazilian steakhouse thing yet, but it's on my list.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'd like you to give me professional advice. What's the best part of meat that I should get and why? My son doesn't want to buy meats on supermarkets because he doesn't want that has been stored in a freezer. According to him, it has a different taste but I can't even taste even the slightest difference!

Sorry, I'm off topic.
Archerfish, see if you can find a butcher shop which sells hangar steak. It is supposedly tender like a filter mignon (tenderloin) yet flavourful like a ribeye steak. The best of both worlds. It is commonly called the butchers steak because it is the best part of the cow which the butchers would always keep for themselves.

As for freezing meat - in the case of seafood, it's not always a bad thing. Sometimes, fishermen put the fish in between ice cubes the second they catch it. This keeps the fish far more fresh than if it was at a regular temperature and for longer too.

However, generally I recommend to limit the amount of red meat you eat - especially pork. Stick to seafood and bird meats such as turkey and chicken. Turkey breast is very tasty and quite healthy for you.

Generally speaking, when I cook meat, i "sear" one side, (high heat, very dry) without covering the pan, then when I flip it over, i lower the heat and cover the meat to retain it's moisture. Steaks are supposed to be cooked with dry heat, but be careful not to dry the steak out completely!

Also, I like to marinate my meat for at least 2 hours. Usually I add lots of freshly ground black pepper, various spices such as basil, oregano, paprika, etc, a little bit of coconut oil and a low salt sauce of your choosing. You can easily make sauces yourself as desired if you look it up on the internet. Also, make sure not to cut your steak while or directly after you cook it! Let it rest for 10 minutes inside aluminum foil before cutting open to cook it.

Also, limit the amount of oil and salt as much as you can, in my opinion. And don't forget to have plenty of excersise! not much use in eating such protein rich foods unless you put the proteins to work!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Archerfish, see if you can find a butcher shop which sells hangar steak. It is supposedly tender like a filter mignon (tenderloin) yet flavourful like a ribeye steak.
This is embarrassing to admit but my wife laughed at me when I asked her about this so called "ribeye". I thought it was the "eye" of the cow! How silly of me... and I've been eating that part since I was a kid.

Then I asked her about this "hangar steak". She said she doesn't know so she looked it up on Google and turns out to be "hanger" instead of "hangar".
?

My memories are now coming back to me. I'm now "normal" again. I just got home yesterday. This CoViD 19 really messed up everything including this thread. It became a meat thread!

So yes, you have the sirloin steak, tenderloin steak, and others that I just eat and enjoy without knowing the differences.

Poor me, I couldn't even distinguish the tastes of vodka and whiskey, this so called Blue Label with Red Label, rum and gin...

I must have a bad taste buds. ?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts