Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Cancelled a cruise... I'm a meat-cutter so I'm working alot fortunately..
I'd like you to give me professional advice. What's the best part of meat that I should get and why? My son doesn't want to buy meats on supermarkets because he doesn't want that has been stored in a freezer. According to him, it has a different taste but I can't even taste even the slightest difference!

Sorry, I'm off topic.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The prime cut is tenderloin.. most expensive...roast is the chuck..most marbled.. better flavor.. my favorite steak is the ribeye or chuck eye steak. All our meat is fresh(Publix) unless clearly marked. No frozen meat is ever thawed for sale. When meat freezes the blood crystalizes and when thawed these crystals will bleed right out of the meat causing dryness... hope this helps
Stay safe..

·
Administrator
8,464 Posts
Love how a spam thread turns into a meat advice thread... :cool:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Love how a spam thread turns into a meat advice thread... :cool:

What can I do? He is the only person I know whom I can ask for a professional advice. I just took the opportunity since he mentioned about his job.

For the sake of being relevant, I have cancelled everything and not by choice. I got stuck in a training ship and no one is allowed to go ashore. And I have cancelled the most important thing that I always do. I don't think I am allowed to say what is it, I might violate our forum rule. If you insist to know what is it, I'll think of another term for it.

I am a "prisoner" until the quarantine is lifted, together with the students and crew.

The prime cut is tenderloin.. most expensive...roast is the chuck..most marbled.. better flavor.. my favorite steak is the ribeye or chuck eye steak. All our meat is fresh(Publix) unless clearly marked. No frozen meat is ever thawed for sale. When meat freezes the blood crystalizes and when thawed these crystals will bleed right out of the meat causing dryness... hope this helps
Stay safe..

Can you explain further about this so called, "roast is a chuck"? And thank you for explaining that blood thing. That is perhaps my son can distinguish the taste and perhaps the texture of the meat.

Is there a way to avoid the "dryness" of the meat? I mean, is there a known method for thawing so as to avoid that?

I love meat.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Who doesn't love meat?!? You naughty boy.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
A spam thread! I didn't realize and the guy is now banned. I was thinking of this:

I really thought it was a sort of a joke. I'm so slow...

Anyways, I had a good laugh and I need that being a "prisoner".

·
Super Moderator
17,088 Posts
Take your meat out of the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before cooking so that it cooks properly. Anything cooked above medium is over done. Salt and pepper before cooking go a long way - that's my contribution :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
What can I do? He is the only person I know whom I can ask for a professional advice. I just took the opportunity since he mentioned about his job.

For the sake of being relevant, I have cancelled everything and not by choice. I got stuck in a training ship and no one is allowed to go ashore. And I have cancelled the most important thing that I always do. I don't think I am allowed to say what is it, I might violate our forum rule. If you insist to know what is it, I'll think of another term for it.

I am a "prisoner" until the quarantine is lifted, together with the students and crew.

Can you explain further about this so called, "roast is a chuck"? And thank you for explaining that blood thing. That is perhaps my son can distinguish the taste and perhaps the texture of the meat.

Is there a way to avoid the "dryness" of the meat? I mean, is there a known method for thawing so as to avoid that?

Who doesn't love meat?!? You naughty boy.
Yea.. the chuck roast is the most flavorful...to keep juice inside always sear the meat and never poke with a fork. Lastly let the meat test for 10 minutes or so before eating. When hot the molecules are moving very fast so when you cut hot meal it will quickly bleed out. A's it cools off the molecules slow down thus bleeding much less.
Also never cook more than medium as the meat will continue to cook while resting.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Meat can't be beat! Well...

·
Super Moderator
17,088 Posts
Speaking of meat - we recently watched a documentary and it was pretty intriguing. A good amount of the stuff we already knew, but it was fun to hear some of the other things. Amazon.com: Watch FAT: A Documentary | Prime Video

They talk a good amount about the crazy amount of benefits of eating meat regularly and even, in some cases, exclusively.

·
Super Moderator
17,088 Posts
As much as I dislike spam (to each their own), I can't deny that it directly helped win us a world war lol.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I lived in Brazil for about a year and learned a lot about their meat cuts and how they bbq "churrascaria" style.
One of the prime cuts there, is the Picanha which we call top sirloin cap, not much appreciated in North America. If you ever been to a Brazilian steakhouse you've seen it.
You get a triangular piece of meat and you must leave the fat on for flavor. You slice it thick and can either place it on the bbq or in a skewer, last helps get more fat on the meat as it cooks. Use coarse marine salt only or add a bit of garlic if you want. Make sure you do not overcook it.

Crap, now I'm hungry...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts