Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i have a set of mcculloch hid's on the car. well, i removed my headlight, and put it back on and now when i turn them on, one of the bulbs has changed colors, and become more yellow. is this a good sign that i put a finger print on it, and its going bad? or could i have a balast that has just decided to peace out? hmmm. any help is appreciated guys. thanks!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sounds like it could be that you touched the light bulb itself...

I don't know about the quality of mcculloch, but maybe the ballast is going bad? I think that Xtec is a better product...

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i agree with you 100% that xtec is better, but these came on the car, so not my choice. and there is a chance that i bumped the bulb. just was wondering if that is the tell tale way to know....;)

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
no way that the bulb changed to yellow after prolonged usage... HID bulbs (OEM that is) will colorshift @ around 200 hours of usage, and the colorshift means that the K temp will increase, and thus decrease output, i've never heard of a bulb decrease it's K temp after long use.... prob the yellow color u saw came from the headlight lens.... our headlight uses plastic, so it's possible that the UV coat (if there's one) wears off and it became yellow.... just my 0.02

1 - 5 of 5 Posts