Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do I tap for a MBC? Is it on the outlet of the turbo where the orginal hose comes from? or the BOV hose?
just having alittle bit of trouble i spike nice at 17lbs till 4k then it goes down to about 14 at 5.3-5.5K and then to 12 till Redline............. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Tap it between the turbo and the wastegate actuator. It's a PITA, and make sure you have it faced in the right direction.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
It would be a good idea to replace the tubing with some longer ones, to allow easy adjustment/removal of the MBC in the future.

Or does this cause some sort of problem?

·
Registered
875 Posts
It would be a good idea to replace the tubing with some longer ones, to allow easy adjustment/removal of the MBC in the future.

Or does this cause some sort of problem?
[/b]
You want to keep it as short as you can....but extending it a little wouldn't hurt too much.

Tap it between the turbo and the wastegate actuator. It's a PITA, and make sure you have it faced in the right direction.
[/b]

Anyone got a picture of this?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I don't have photoshop here at work, but on your car is one vacuum line running from the lower left-hand side of the turbo (the fathest to the left and lowest in the picture) to the bottom side of the wastegate actuator (the round device in front of the turbo in the picture). You want the MBC in this line of pressure.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did it from the Bottom outlet of the actuator to the turbo outlet. arrow pointing toward the actuator.... my hoses are about 8 inches apiece and I have it zip tied to the power steering pump..... should I try to shorten them? My car is still freakin fast but I want to hold that 17 psi. I'll check all the hose connections again for the billionth time. Can we put a different gasket under the BOV flange? or get some of that liquid gasket from an autoparts store? and does size of the hose matter? I don't know if I went to big or too small....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts