Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Replying to Topic 'MazdaUSA Interior Pics'

A few things I've noticed after downloading the high resolution version of the pics from the site is...

(1) We're definitely getting black leather as an option :)

(2) Our climate controls are different. :( Their regular dials instead of the cool ones that light up. I wonder though if it will be like this on just the lower trim model. I seem to recall reading somewhere that that was the case in some European markets. Although I doubt that a lower trim car would get the leather that this one has. Anyone have a comment?

(3) Our rear seat headrests our integrated into the seats.

(4) Passengers in the rear get there own set of reading lights

(5) The rear view mirror is cool :)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by AliAL

(2) Our climate controls are different. :(  Their regular dials instead of the cool ones that light up.  I wonder though if it will be like this on just the lower trim model.  I seem to recall reading somewhere that that was the case in some European markets.  Although I doubt that a lower trim car would get the leather that this one has.  Anyone have a comment?  [/b]
I see what you are talking about, and it would appear that the automatic climate controls are different. I just got some literature from Mazda that shows different controls, assumedly the ones you want. By looking at the 360 on Mazda's site, it also appears just by looking that the controls cannot operate an automatic climate control system, as they seem to be manual knobs.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yes your right. I just noticed that on the spec file that I downloaded from the site it says ..
The "I" version gets Mechanical HVAC controls (fan & temparature)
The "S" version gets Fully automatic HVAC controls (fan & temparature)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by AliAL

A few things I've noticed after downloading the high resolution version of the pics from the site is...

(1) We're definitely getting black leather as an option :)

(2) Our climate controls are different. :(  Their regular dials instead of the cool ones that light up.  I wonder though if it will be like this on just the lower trim model.  I seem to recall reading somewhere that that was the case in some European markets.  Although I doubt that a lower trim car would get the leather that this one has.  Anyone have a comment?  

(3) Our rear seat headrests our integrated into the seats.

(4) Passengers in the rear get there own set of reading lights

(5) The rear view mirror is cool :)[/b]
The difference in controls is due to the difference between AC and ACC. That trim has AC only.

Passangers reading lights is standard on all models everywhere.

Indeed it's a cool rearview mirror. Looks different from the one we have here.

·
Registered
319 Posts

Shoot, I was hoping for fully auto climate. I posted about that earlier. Never thought I'd seriously like it, but my RSX has it, and I'm in love. I don't use it on auto, except when I turn on the A/C on hot days, then it is the best thing ever. It keeps the temp and fan speed just right. I never get too cold and never get too hot. Just awesome.

I'm thinking I'd seriously consider the 4 cylinder over the V6, and this is the ONLY option you won't be able to get on the 4 cylinder. Other than that, you can get everything on the I4 that you can on the V6. Too bad the ACC isn't at least a package deal.

Maybe they'll change it up real fast before the cars start arriving...

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I'm sure if you put it this way: "I want the ACC, or you won't sell me a car!" that they will consider this...

It's not like if it's a big deal or something to put the ACC in... Every car is an independent work order at the plant, and if they put ACC on the work order, then ACC it is...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts