Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
As long as its a bolt on, no cutting, FMIC kit you are going to have some business...

How about some preliminary pics?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As long as its a bolt on, no cutting, FMIC kit you are going to have some business...

How about some preliminary pics?
[/b]
we're aiming for straight bolt on and no hacking up the stock system for this unit. we'll leave the major destruction for the FMIC kit ;)

prelim pics should be ready this week

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is this FMIC a side to side design or a top to bottom?
[/b]
the FMIC endtanks will be side to side. the TMIC will fit like the stock intercooler.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
as posted in another thread about our new TMIC; I installed the prototype TMIC on a MS6 tonight and let me tell you the difference is very noticeable. The IC was ICE cold to the touch after a good bit of driving! Boost lever was anywhere between 15-17psi, peaking at ~17psi at the mid range in the higher gears. The car seemed to pull all the way to redline. Once we hit the dyno we'll find out the gains for sure. We ended up taking the lower air plate off, because there was not enough room for it. The stock ram air scoop fits over our TMIC without any interference.

I've asked the owner of the car to write a technical review, and he should have it made up by tomorrow.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Wiggum, just so you know, this is the kit that CustomMSP is talking about in the other thread. I believe Ken is the fabricator.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wiggum, just so you know, this is the kit that CustomMSP is talking about in the other thread. I believe Ken is the fabricator.
[/b]
i personally do not fabricate the intercooler. the project was started and funded by me through a fabricator both CustomMSP and I know. there was some confusion as to authorized vendor status in terms of the forums. i am an authorized vendor here and I believe CustomMSP is in the process of becoming one.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been informed that the rumor is being spread that I stole details or information regarding this intercooler from another company. I can assure you that nothing is further from the truth than that. This TMIC project was initiated at mine and Anatoly's request and my own personal expense in supplying parts to ETS, and all fitment details (cx7/ms6/ms3) regarding this intercooler come from my own personal experience working for Mazda North America and from master technicians I remain in touch with, as well as final product testing, fitment, dynoing and installation thanks to Anatoly, not an act of industrial espionage.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Do you have any pics of the TMIC powdercoated black??

It would really help me decide if I should spend the extra $60.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Ummm, powdercoated??? Don't you mean anodized?

I'm not a mechanical wizard by any means but I do work with aluminums all the time. Powdercoating insulates a part, no? I'm not sure you'd want to insulate a heat dissapating part. Plus, since powdercoated parts are oven-baked for hardness, if you heat it BACK up the powdercoating will melt. Not sure if the engine bay gets that hot...probably not.

Just a guess.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I hope Ken doesn't mind me answering some questions.

ETS has a way of applying powdercoating to their ICs in a way that will not reduce the efficiency of the core.

MzSpeed, I'm going to try to get a picture of a powdercoated TMIC today.

Thanks,
Anatoly

1 - 20 of 56 Posts