Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to invest in a scanner so that I can get some baseline readings for my vehicle before I start modding. What are some of you using for CAN vehicles, AutoEnginuity, AutoTap? What are your impressions? I'm leaning towards AutoEnginuity atm, but don't know how I'm going to be able to data log while driving. Aren't the connections for CAN and OBDII vehicles under the hood?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the autoenginuity scanner have the ability to pull error codes for the speed6? I notice they don't have any advanced interfaces listed for Mazda vehicles.

EDIT: Yes they do, I'm blind. Anyone know if the Mazda advanced interface works well with the speed6?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The OBDII port is right above the brake on the Speed6.

The Autoenginuity would be my choice for public data loggers.

They have Mazda specific software that is an add-on, but you can get all the data you need from the plain vanilla version.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The OBDII port is right above the brake on the Speed6.

The Autoenginuity would be my choice for public data loggers.

They have Mazda specific software that is an add-on, but you can get all the data you need from the plain vanilla version.
[/b]
Can autoenginuity report error codes with a description (i.e. not just a code)?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Yup it does give a little description. Any codes that need clarifying are easily available on the internet.

The OBDII connector is a little longer than what I'm used to. You will have to be careful while driving and recording. It partially covers the left side of the brake pedal. You will soon learn to slide you foot to the brake pedal from the gas pedal, or you will knock the connector off.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Yup it does give a little description. Any codes that need clarifying are easily available on the internet.
The OBDII connector is a little longer than what I'm used to. You will have to be careful while driving and recording. It partially covers the left side of the brake pedal. You will soon learn to slide you foot to the brake pedal from the gas pedal, or you will knock the connector off.
[/b]
Any chance of moving the connector? I know it sounds like a chore, but some vehicles just have a connector hooked to wires which with a 10mm socket can easily be detached and moved to somewhere else (short distance of course).

Jason

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Any chance of moving the connector? I know it sounds like a chore, but some vehicles just have a connector hooked to wires which with a 10mm socket can easily be detached and moved to somewhere else (short distance of course).

Jason
[/b]

Yeah you can move it very easily.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is the ECU using the MAP sensor to determine boost levels? And can one still access readings from sensors not covered by the OBDII spec without the advanced interfaces add-on?

·
Registered
856 Posts
And can one still access readings from sensors not covered by the OBDII spec without the advanced interfaces add-on?
[/b]
I wonder that too.
Is it just an add-on piece of software or a different piece of hardware?

*puts pirate hat on* arghhh!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is it just an add-on piece of software or a different piece of hardware?
[/b]
Its actually just a license key change. No additional software or hardware needed. Just fork up the extra dough.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Someone, I think it was franchize, posted a log and the MAP column was blank, so I'm not sure it does, he will have to chime in on this one I'm afraid.

·
Registered
193 Posts
2 things:

You can pop the obd-II connector out of the bracket it is in and sandwich the autoenginuity and obd connector between the console and the floor and it is totally out of the way and out of sight. Takes all of 10 seconds to do it.

You can display MAP and Barometer both in inches of mercury. Then do the math to get boost, i guess. There is no pid for "boost" though.

I can post some pics of the interface showing those pids while under boost conditions.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I emailed AutoEnginuity regarding their bi-directional support for Mazda vehicles. Thought I would just post this here in case anyone was interested.

Hi,

I'm a hobbyist and am strongly considering your product. I have a 2006 Mazdaspeed6 and have a question regarding your advanced interfaces bi-directional support. The Mazdaspeed6's dealer computer system has the ability to enable/disable the seat belt chime as well as the auto-locking features of the keyless entry system. Are there any plans to incorporate this functionality into the bi-directional support of the advanced interface for Mazda vehicles?

----------------------------------------

Sorry, our current version does not support bi-directional controls on the Mazda lineup. We are working to correct this by the fall.

[/b]
I'll keep my fingers crossed. I really don't like the idea of going to a dealer to enable/disable a feature. Especially being that my dealer won't touch my seat belt minder.

·
Registered
193 Posts
[attachmentid=12346]

Pic attached to show MAP and ambient Barometer. It is at idle, so MAP shows vacuum. At full boost, I see around 65 in. Hg MAP.

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
[attachmentid=12346]

Pic attached to show MAP and ambient Barometer. It is at idle, so MAP shows vacuum. At full boost, I see around 65 in. Hg MAP.
[/b]
What in. Hg does the sensor read at 0 lbs boost/vacuum?

EDIT: I'm being ridiculous, that would obviously depend on the barometric pressure. I haven't had my coffee today. Of course I don't drink coffee, but that's besides the point.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
About this Discussion
67 Replies
19 Participants
franchize
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing