Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall,

I have been looking at MazdaSpeed6 as a somewhat cheap option to get an AWD vehicle with good power. I have seen a ton of old posts about problems but I can't really find anything definitive. I am looking at one with 130lk miles currently.

What common problems does the MazdaSpeed6 have?

I am aware of the understeer and not super concerned about it; I plan to do a decent bit of handling mods regardless and figure I can get rid of some of it with the right changes.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The biggest issue with the cars is what the previous owner did to it. A well cared for car can last a long time, I have one with 154k on it now and have been daily driving it for more than two years. However if the previous owner either neglected maintenance or decided to badly mod it a new owner will be in for a bad time. Be especially wary of cars that seem to have mods (particularly catless downpipes) and no Accessport to tune the car.

Don't buy one without getting a compression test done.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
The biggest issue with the cars is what the previous owner did to it.
This, shutting it off hot, driving it short distances, driving the snot out of it, not driving the snot out of it (so it never burns off coke etc), wrong oil, too much/little oil, overheating, putting an AccessPort on and no mechanical gauges and "tuning it" by ass, taking it to a GM dealer for service...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts