Mazda 6 Forums banner

1821 - 1824 of 1824 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't buy a rusty Mazda 6, you'll spend thousands fixing it properly.

Speed6 prices are falling, they are getting old and you can buy faster cars for the same money. Unless you really gotta have one, there are better options out there. If you are spending $7K US for on then it better be mint, no rust at all.

That being said, I'd love to have one. I love my V6 and I can only imagine how much fun a Speed is to drive.
Well, I like to have more power. Of my options for a sporty used car, I won't touch a Suburu or an A4/Passat with a ten foot pole (too many major problems from owners I personally know... "They must've got a lemon"....really, all six of them bought lemons?) and the older 5 series - I think - are ugly. Plus, I don't like Toyotas and I don't like Hondas...I know, picky picky!

My thinking is, I already know I like the 6, I'd just like to have some more power. Mine has been incredibly reliable, and it's still a very nice looking car. I don't mind driving an older model, if the only bad thing about it is "it's old". I could spend $20k on a newer 6 (or a Kia Stinger) but I don't really like having that kind of payment all over again...

·
Registered
941 Posts
Well, I like to have more power. Of my options for a sporty used car, I won't touch a Suburu or an A4/Passat with a ten foot pole (too many major problems from owners I personally know... "They must've got a lemon"....really, all six of them bought lemons?) and the older 5 series - I think - are ugly. Plus, I don't like Toyotas and I don't like Hondas...I know, picky picky!

My thinking is, I already know I like the 6, I'd just like to have some more power. Mine has been incredibly reliable, and it's still a very nice looking car. I don't mind driving an older model, if the only bad thing about it is "it's old". I could spend $20k on a newer 6 (or a Kia Stinger) but I don't really like having that kind of payment all over again...
I'm with you, trust me. If it is the car you really want there is no reason to not buy it when you have done the proper research/thinking. We all have different tastes. Besides, I probably have spent $3K or so over the last 2 years on parts for my old 6 and I haven't even started on the rusty rear quarters.

I wish I had bought a Speed 6 when I bought my 6s, lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm with you, trust me. If it is the car you really want there is no reason to not buy it when you have done the proper research/thinking. We all have different tastes. Besides, I probably have spent $3K or so over the last 2 years on parts for my old 6 and I haven't even started on the rusty rear quarters.

I wish I had bought a Speed 6 when I bought my 6s, lol.
I hear you. I remember when the first gen 6 came out, I was about 20 and working very part time, and never thought I'd have one...and now I can realistically look at picking up not just my second 6 but a Speed 6? Yes please.

The gas mileage on my sport wagon isn't as good as I'd like, but I drive so little and it's so close to the Speed I can deal with it in exchange for more power and conditional AWD. If only ones in good condition came along within 4-5 hours of home... :(

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
The prices on these cars has fallen so much that it's really not worth it for those of us with clean ones to sell as we can't replace them with anything good for the same $. I know I would never let mine go for $7k. If I could get enough for it to then buy a 2010+ SHO, maybe I would sell. I would not mind having another 335xi, but if shit breaks on them, you're gonna have a hefty repair bill.

Although, I have the Jetta now so I would probably get something fast V8 & RWD again instead.

1821 - 1824 of 1824 Posts
About this Discussion
1.8K Replies
484 Participants
2006_MS6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing