Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say that I can't disagree. The car has a a nice design, especially in the SE-V6 trim. It's got tons of features and I think it's just the right size. A bit large for my taste but perfect for those looking for a sporty family sedan and who don't like the 6 of course.

Toyota is on a run right now. In fact, they are on fire.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,537 Posts
:barf:

·
Registered
820 Posts
yeah, but the ratings are total bullshit. Toyota is one of the most unreliable cars in the past few years with quite a few recalls as well. People are brainwashed to not buy american. the problem with Ford recently has been that the cars are lasting TOO LONG. If you can believe that one. People are keeping their cars longer and not buying a new one every few years.

·
Registered
752 Posts
i read a time magazine a couple months ago stating there are 6,000+ toyota camry's (meaning the new ones) sold everyday in the us. or was it 600 everyday? oh well, nevermind

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Toyota is one of the most unreliable cars in the past few years[/b]
You only think that because Toyota problems are so rare that each one makes headlines. He who flies high has the furthest to fall. Toyota may not be the perfection that many claim it to be, but they're still darn reliable.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Overall, I think the new Camry looks pretty good, except for the disjointed nose look that they have going on like the Yaris.

Still, they drive like an old man's car. Boring.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I think the Camry is an old mans car, and will always be an old mans car, even in SE form. :yesnod: Just my opinion.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I honestly don't see how a car that is the definition of average in every way possible should win such a presumably prestigious award as 'Car of the Year'.

The Camry is the perfect car for the driver who drives only because he is forced to drive. Doesn't care about anything on the car, as long as it gets him from A to B. It's for the person who walks into a dealer not knowing what he wants, nor does he care.

·
Registered
634 Posts
The Camry is too big and butt ugly...particularly in the front end where the attempts at 'sportiness' come off as retarded. The front looks vaguely like a six with down's syndrome would.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,537 Posts
I honestly don't see how a car that is the definition of average in every way possible should win such a presumably prestigious award as 'Car of the Year'.
[/b]
I do.

MT voted the Chevy Caprice Classic LTZ for their winner in 1991. Need I say more? :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
I do.

MT voted the Chevy Caprice Classic LTZ for their winner in 1991. Need I say more? :)
[/b]
Yeah, definitely a knock on MT itself. But hell, they could do a Mustang vs. Camaro battle and the Honda would win.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
sad to say i'd expect nothing but bashing by mazda 6 fanboys'. i own one but i'm no fanboy, i just think my car is better than anyone elses lol. the new camry is a great car with a lot of nice touches, depending on what you shell out not to mention the v6 SE is faster than the 6s at least i felt it was. would i take a camry over my 6s, no b/c the camry would have costed me more than 20,255 out the door and MSRP on both are close to the same ;). that being said i've begun my saving for a toy for the 08' supra as i'm hoping to have both my 6 and a supra by 08. college graduation for my master's degree= good monetary presents :D.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,537 Posts
The list of contenders:

Chevrolet Aveo
Chrysler Sebring
Dodge Caliber
Honda Fit
Hyundai Elantra
Hyundai Entourage
Infiniti G35
Jaguar XK
Jeep Compass
Kia Optima
Kia Rondo
Kia Sedona
Lexus ES 350
Lexus LS 460
Mercedes Benz S-Class
Nissan Altima
Nissan Sentra
Nissan Versa
Porsche Cayman
Saturn Aura
Saturn Sky Redline
Suzuki SX4
Toyota Camry
Toyota Yaris
Volvo C70 T5
Volkswagen EOS
Volkswagen Rabbit

I can think of about a half-dozen autos that could be serious contenders from that list.

Heres the article: Click me!

·
Registered
820 Posts
How are they going to compare a Porsche Cayman to a Chevy Aveo?

The list of contenders:

Chevrolet Aveo
Chrysler Sebring
Dodge Caliber
Honda Fit
Hyundai Elantra
Hyundai Entourage
Infiniti G35
Jaguar XK
Jeep Compass
Kia Optima
Kia Rondo
Kia Sedona
Lexus ES 350
Lexus LS 460
Mercedes Benz S-Class
Nissan Altima
Nissan Sentra
Nissan Versa
Porsche Cayman
Saturn Aura
Saturn Sky Redline
Suzuki SX4
Toyota Camry
Toyota Yaris
Volvo C70 T5
Volkswagen EOS
Volkswagen Rabbit

I can think of about a half-dozen autos that could be serious contenders from that list.

Heres the article: Click me!
[/b]

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,537 Posts
How are they going to compare a Porsche Cayman to a Chevy Aveo?
[/b]
They don't compare the cars together as a whole, they compare their nominees to the others in their specific classes.

Example: The Aveo would be compared to the Accent, Fit, Versa, etc. The Sebring would be compared to the Mazda6, Fusion, etc. If the car is a "standout" in it's class, then they call it COTY.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Sure the Camry is a great car for what it is, a family sedan for the masses, but what always makes me cringe is when they consider it, the Accord, and the Altima, sporty. Yet, in other articles when they compare the 6, they'll say those cars are not near as sporty as the 6. WTF?! Just another point that you can't trust the opinion of others, especially if its written in MT, C&D, R&T, CR.......

·
Registered
967 Posts
The new design is far superior to the old vanilla styling. I tell you what surprised me is the V6 version. That engine is just plain nice!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
The new design is far superior to the old vanilla styling. I tell you what surprised me is the V6 version. That engine is just plain nice!
[/b]
Agreed. The V6 puts out 268hp for the camry. 306Hp for the IS350 and something like 340hp for the gs350. So it is very potent

·
Registered
344 Posts
The new Camry might have some added power and "sportiness" to it, but I've seen them around and, for the most part, they look like an overweight Mazda 6 with different tail-lights and a broken nose. I even peeked into the interior of a red one and the black cloth used looked somewhat similar to that in my 6. It screams "complete knock-off" to Mazda 6 owners everywhere. The 6 is so underappreciated. It may not have the most horsepower or a name like Toyota or Honda, but it's the best-balanced mid-size sedan out there, in my opinion. The handling itself should catapult the car's status to strong contender for car of the year, plus, with the prices many people are getting them for, it certainly is the best value.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
The new Camry might have some added power and "sportiness" to it, but I've seen them around and, for the most part, they look like an overweight Mazda 6 with different tail-lights and a broken nose. I even peeked into the interior of a red one and the black cloth used looked somewhat similar to that in my 6. It screams "complete knock-off" to Mazda 6 owners everywhere. The 6 is so underappreciated. It may not have the most horsepower or a name like Toyota or Honda, but it's the best-balanced mid-size sedan out there, in my opinion. The handling itself should catapult the car's status to strong contender for car of the year, plus, with the prices many people are getting them for, it certainly is the best value.
[/b]
should be microfiber if you've got an 06' or at least microfiber feel lol.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts