Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to know what is the best Ipod Integration for the mazdaspeed6?
Any links or place to purchase them?

Thanks.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Use Audiolink. You can read all about it in a thread on the Group Buys. It's got good reviews and you can get it from Revolution, they have a GB on it right now.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Another vote for the Audiolink.

The best iPod integration device you can get for the money. Hands down.

-Jared
[/b]
Unless you have the factory Sirius option which utilizes the same port the audiolink does.
Then your only option to integrate through the Hu is AUX/Mod by Syflex. But good luck with that, I am #3,525 on the waiting list. :swearin:

·
Registered
475 Posts
about how much does it all cost, the complete package?

·
Registered
195 Posts
the audio link is $139.99 w/ free shipping, and i spent another $50 on mounting components but they aren't necessary

·
Registered
16 Posts
Unless you have the factory Sirius option which utilizes the same port the audiolink does.
Then your only option to integrate through the Hu is AUX/Mod by Syflex. But good luck with that, I am #3,525 on the waiting list. :swearin:
[/b]
I have a buddy up at MIT who is working on making a switch so the audiolink and the Sat radio can both be plugged into the same port. I'll keep you posted. I ran into the same problem AND I bought the audio link right when it came out, before they put the sat radio disclaimer up.

-G

·
Registered
398 Posts
The audiolink is currently on a Group Buy so you can get it for even less than that.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I have a buddy up at MIT who is working on making a switch so the audiolink and the Sat radio can both be plugged into the same port. I'll keep you posted. I ran into the same problem AND I bought the audio link right when it came out, before they put the sat radio disclaimer up.

-G
[/b]
Sweet! Let me know!

·
Registered
34 Posts
For those that have the audio link, how do you feel about the playlist limit though? I have like 40 playlists so I can't imagine this being a good solution for me.

Also can someone tell me if this thing communicates fast or is it dog slow like the aftermarket solutions when changing tracks etc.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It is fast, about as fast as switching tracks on a CD.

Haven't really tried the playlist option "for real" yet (I've only confirmed that it works), but then again I only ever listen to 1 playlist in the car. I imagine if you put your 10 favorites in the list first alphabetically (number them 01-Metal...02-Engelbert...etc.) then it won't be as much an issue.

Only thing I wish was different is when the ignition is off the iPod still charges, I'm sure the current draw isn't that much, but I don't think that is an audio link specific thing, has more to do with the head unit.

·
Registered
182 Posts

-G
[/b]
Please keep me in the loop. I want my IPOD in my car again! I was a nice son, and let my mom keep my old auxmod in the car I sold her.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We've got Creative Labs MP3 players, so I was thinking about getting the USB version. Has anyone else gone this route, and has anyone posted installation photos?

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (vipernj @ Sep 4 2008, 11:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1427588
anyone know if this will work with the iphone??[/b]
Hi,

Well, I got the Audio Link yesterday. I've got a UK spec MS6 with Sat Nav & BOSE audio. Works brilliantly with the iTouch so maybe it's also OK with the iPhone.

One tip - if, like me your a bit nervous about pulling out the centre console etc. to install (especially as my MS6 is still under warranty), I managed to plug the unit into the back of the factory headunit by getting down in the footwell on my back. I removed the glovebox (takes about 10 seconds) and managed to feed the connector through a smallish gap. You need a small torch to see where the connetion goes, but I had it done in no more than 10 minutes! I was well chuffed ! :yesnod:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone I just picked up my first Mazda 6 but it's a 2004. I've read that that year is the only one you need to do some soldering on the HU to get this to work. My car has the Bose upgrade, does it also need to be modified for this integration unit to work?

Thanks a lot.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts