Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 620 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any instrest in a Fiber glass AutoExe style grill? This will be a full grill not single insert. Pm'ed Supershyguy and he can do it he needs at least 10 order's to make it happen.

For those that don't know he's done the Black Racing Lip for the M6 Sports bumper.

If instrested paste your name to the list:

1. Fichstix

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With the 10 intrest the grill will be purchased and produced after fitment and oky'ed from buyer the grill can be made for $160.00.

Here are picture's of the BR lip, scroll down on page 29.

Black Racing lip thread

·
Registered
244 Posts
I am in

·
Registered
261 Posts
would this come in black or painted body color? Does it account for the dip in the bumper cover that's there in stock form?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm interested. Hey S, has Supershyguy gotten in touch with Amish yet? PM me.
[/b]
He said he emailed him, I'll pm him again.

Thanks king_lam

·
Registered
651 Posts
I am in, pending pictures. I think I would prefer the option of a body color painted grill.
[/b]
I think the idea behind the fiber glass is that you would need to get it painted...

I like the though of having a badgeless grill...but something on this one screams Acura TL. A look I am definitely not going for. Is there anything else he could do to make this look better?

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'd be in if the grill didn't have the bar in the middle and used the same plastic grill used in the large opening in the bumper.

Here's a quick photoshop of what I think would look good. Maybe even toss a Mazdaspeed or Speed6 logo on there if you wanted. Just a suggestion.

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'd be in if the grill didn't have the bar in the middle and used the same plastic grill used in the large opening in the bumper.

Here's a quick photoshop of what I think would look good. Maybe even toss a Mazdaspeed or Speed6 logo on there if you wanted. Just a suggestion.
[/b]
There is a big problem with that.. the stock grill is functional with air duct build in.. Something like that your IC will drop its efficiency.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Not if you have a FMIC.

·
Registered
244 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Uh...yeah...ok...

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It will come unpainted.

I have a shop that will paint it for about $25.00 because I suppy them the paint and clear coat. At the end of the day I get it back for another project. Most times I paint it myself.

Intrest list:

1. Fichstix
2. davecoyne
3. yjack
4. nud (picture's)

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I am interested, but (and I hate seeing people say this on this board) the price seems kind of steap. I could see $160.00 being justified if it came painted.

·
Registered
803 Posts
im interested, but think the price could be a little lower.

also, anyweay he can fab up something for the lower ight hand side of the grill, with the letters MPS or mazdaSPEED6 real small? kind of like the a-spec badges in the grilles of acuras.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Intrest list:

1. Fichstix
2. davecoyne
3. yjack
4. nud (picture's)
5. ATE BALLER (price)
6. The_Shawn (price)

1 - 20 of 620 Posts