Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a variety of reasons, I need to get rid of my MazdaSpeed6. Love the car, but it's family reasons I need to get rid of it. If this is in the wrong forum, I apologize

2006 MazdaSpeed6 Sport with 3800 mi in Austin, TX
Titanium Gray
Aftermarket dark tint - nice
Only options are compass in rear view mirror and Sirius
Still smells new. Lightly used - probably 1500 miles on highway road trips 260 miles round trip, otherwise work commuting

My lease payments are $371 and I have 19 months remaing. If you want to assume the lease, I'll throw in a $1000 cash incentive. I'd prefer if you be in Texas.

If you want to purchase the vehicle, I'll sell for $20900. Firm.

It's a sharp car and practically brand new. I am upside down on it, but it is what it is.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Man that's not a bad used price...Sorry about what's going on, good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
826 Posts
This should go in the Buy/Sell area.

Good luck with your family issues.

My suggestion also for getting rid of the car is to also hit up auto-trader, car-max although they'll probably rip you off, and other local sources.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I posted this on the Buy/Sell forum, thanks for the suggestion.

I appreciate the well-wishes, but the family issues aren't negative as they relate to the family, it's just that this car isn't right for our situation right now. I got carried away when researching vehicles and I love everything about the Speed - especially the price point for the performance, so I got it. Probably shouldn't have.

I went to carmax and was extremely disappointed with their offer. They turn around and list them for $23,900 so it was an insulting offer in my opinion.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's raining, cold, and flooding here in Austin so no pictures yet, sorry. I will add as soon as I can get some good ones.

Considering I owe 22,700 to Mazda the 20,900 price I am asking can not be beat. If you want to finance the 22,700 for the vehicle then I will hand you a check for $1800. Nice, eh? I want this to go to a MazdaSpeed6 fan, or at least a Mazda fan - trust me, I am going to ask for more on autotrader and craigslist than I am here.

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
For a variety of reasons, I need to get rid of my MazdaSpeed6. Love the car, but it's family reasons I need to get rid of it. If this is in the wrong forum, I apologize

2006 MazdaSpeed6 Sport with 3800 mi in Austin, TX
Titanium Gray
Aftermarket dark tint - nice
Only options are compass in rear view mirror and Sirius
Still smells new. Lightly used - probably 1500 miles on highway road trips 260 miles round trip, otherwise work commuting

My lease payments are $371 and I have 19 months remaing. If you want to assume the lease, I'll throw in a $1000 cash incentive. I'd prefer if you be in Texas.

If you want to purchase the vehicle, I'll sell for $20900. Firm.

It's a sharp car and practically brand new. I am upside down on it, but it is what it is.[/b]

371? damn did you try to negotiate at all with them or you put 0 down at signing?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Dude, don't sell it. I've got a two year old and one on the way and the Speed6 has LATCH. How many of you knew that or even know what LATCH is? AWD, four doors, and a killer under the hood, it's the the perfect dad car! Best piece of advice about cars that I ever got was, "buy what you want and you'll never regret it, settle and you'll never be happy." Just sorry to hear that you're going to have to let her go...

·
Registered
693 Posts
Dude, don't sell it. I've got a two year old and one on the way and the Speed6 has LATCH. How many of you knew that or even know what LATCH is? AWD, four doors, and a killer under the hood, it's the the perfect dad car! Best piece of advice about cars that I ever got was, "buy what you want and you'll never regret it, settle and you'll never be happy." Just sorry to hear that you're going to have to let her go...[/b]

+1 perfect dad car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey i have the same carseat LOL :laugh:[/b]
And it was one of only two out of 12 that recently passed the crash tests. They said only 2 passed at 38 mph collisions, but it turned out the test was actually at 70 mph.

I almost need a head restraint for the infant in this car, it accelerates too fast.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Dude, don't sell it. I've got a two year old and one on the way and the Speed6 has LATCH. How many of you knew that or even know what LATCH is? AWD, four doors, and a killer under the hood, it's the the perfect dad car! Best piece of advice about cars that I ever got was, "buy what you want and you'll never regret it, settle and you'll never be happy." Just sorry to hear that you're going to have to let her go...[/b]
I mananged to strap a child seat for a 2 yr old in back AND carry 3 adult passengers (driver not included) for a day trip around the city. Both back seat passengers (teh wiminez) said it was totally comfortable.

F

·
0 Posts
My kids, 5,7,9 love this car and can't wait for me to go "turbo". There is room for 4 adults and 4 golf bags in the trunk, and it is the smoothest forced induction ride out there that still kicks in the small of the back. My wife blew out her L4, L5 and L6 discs on the tennis cts., and can't shift-- I am looking for someone to take over 264/ mo 20k miles left on 20 mos. Black Cherry Mica sport, sharkfin and chrome, Charlston, SC area. These are truly special cars overall and for the money-- what a deal

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have also had two six foot guys sitting on each side of my car seat base, no complaints.

It's a great car, no doubt.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
My kids, 5,7,9 love this car and can't wait for me to go "turbo". There is room for 4 adults and 4 golf bags in the trunk, and it is the smoothest forced induction ride out there that still kicks in the small of the back. My wife blew out her L4, L5 and L6 discs on the tennis cts., and can't shift-- I am looking for someone to take over 264/ mo 20k miles left on 20 mos. Black Cherry Mica sport, sharkfin and chrome, Charlston, SC area. These are truly special cars overall and for the money-- what a deal[/b]

Four adults in the trunk is alright. But four adults AND four golf bags? That's just not right... :nono:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts